Monday, August 31, 2015

August 31st, 2015 Give It A Rest

August 31st, 2015 Give It A Rest

I've written extensively about my food philosophy and how, after we find and define the boundaries that are unique to us, then the mission is to find the groove that works well. It's the "eat what I like and nothing I don't," philosophy. Of course--the boundaries and rules of that philosophy unique to me, includes no binge eating and no refined sugar. I'm all about finding our personal groove with food, so that each day's food is something we enjoy, not something we dread and choke down.

As much as I apply this philosophy to my food each day, I completely ignore its application in other areas of my life. What about rest? What about finding a groove in the schedule where rest is made important? Finding and defining our boundaries that are unique to us--in this case, our hard schedule--the work hours and things that are fixed...then making the most of the time around it, while making proper rest important IS CRITICAL. I'm finding out the hard way because I'm stubborn.

There's so many things I want to do and accomplish and none of them gets done when I'm in a constant state of exhaustion.

I woke up sick today. I felt horrible. Stomach issues, headache, body aches--you name it. I was still extremely tired, too. I felt like if ever there was a day where I needed a sick day, this was it. So I made the call. It was the last day of the month--and production deadlines loomed--so I knew it would only be a half day off, but that's all I needed.

I had to cancel my planned trip to spend more time with Gerri in Oklahoma City today. It was an unfortunate but necessary decision. We will see one another again, soon!

After making the necessary arrangements for my job, I proceeded to keep my sickly self in bed for an extra four and a half hours. I got up--I had coffee--I still wasn't feeling 100%, but I was better--and mostly, I was awake.

I had one of the most focused and productive production afternoons in recent memory. I was firing on all cylinders--getting things done, tackling them head on--and all because I felt properly rested.

Maybe it's time to stop being stubborn. Maybe it's time to find my scheduling and sleep groove that works for me and will, no doubt, be extremely benefiting to my job and my personal projects.

Because the alternative is continuing to run on empty--and eventually I would run out--disconnect and relapse/regain. I pray that doesn't happen, ever again. But in order for it to NOT--or in order for it to have a much better chance of NOT happening, I must take better care starting immediately.

Finding my groove right here, right now. And in bed by 9:30pm. About three hours earlier than the average.

Goodnight, friends.

My Tweets Today:
























Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

4 comments:

  1. Good for you Sean! Sleep is a VERY important component to our health, weight control, and generally just feeling good! We are being told this a lot lately. Again I say Yay!!!
    N~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It truly is critically important. And it's something that I think we instinctively realize--but can easily (as in my case), rationalize operating on much less...until it catches up, burns us out---and suddenly we're not functioning properly--and then, everything important to us, suffers. I feel great this morning, by the way!

      Delete
  2. That sounds like food poisoning to me. I was wondering approximately how many hours a week you work. Also,since you are doing so great with your weight journey, have you ever considered doing the same budget-wise and saving for skin removal surgery? I'm saving for a new car now so I can pay cash- it goes right along with my weight loss goal; might as well work toward both goals at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It very well could have been food poisoning--and the hatch peppers I used in my dinner dish Sunday evening would likely be the culprit. Great idea on the budgeting! And congrats on the new car you'll eventually have in your driveway!! That's just smart. Thank you.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.