Tuesday, August 4, 2015

August 4th, 2015 Pout Like Noah

August 4th, 2015 Pout Like Noah

Noah woke sometime between three and four am. I tried to convince him that more sleep was best but he wasn't having any of it. Trying to have a rational conversation about the importance of more sleep and how it would affect our day without it, with a two year old, at three thirty am, is comical. But as with everything else concerning him, he gets a pass in my eyes. Sure it's going to be a really long day, but sharing those moments with him early, while he sips milk and I sip coffee, are some of the best.

My plan to take him with me to the studio--uh, no. That didn't work. Instead, I asked a colleague to fill in for me until 6:30am, long enough for me to check him in at daycare. Everyday he attends, he gets a little report card at the end of the day. His reflected a fussy-tired little guy. If they handed out little "state of the employee" reports for us adults at the end of the day--mine would have been remarkably similar to Noah's. I was a fussy-tired little guy, too.

I took him back to his Nana's (Irene's house) tonight. I'll pick him up again on Sunday. He didn't want me to leave. Seeing him cry absolutely breaks my heart. But I eventually was able to softly say goodbye and walk away without so much as a wimper.

I'm incredibly tired. I haven't had enough sleep. My best intentions for a good and solid workout tonight didn't materialize into action. Tomorrow is weigh day. I did make the time to prepare an incredible meal this evening. One thing-- I'll never buy the pre-cut crinkle sweet potato fries in the produce section. Yes, they're fresh. Yes, it's one ingredient: Sweet Potato...but oh my-- they don't bake well. I spent a little more money to save the five minutes it would require to cut my own, like I most always do--and I ended up not enjoying the fries.

I plan on doing my first 5K training "run" tomorrow evening. I'll let you know how this goes. Like I mentioned in last night's blog, I'll be using the C25K app. It'll be mostly walking with short burst of jogging. I can't wait to see what these new shoes can do. It's like having a muscle car and looking forward to getting it out on the open road to "open it up."  

I've fallen behind on comment and email replies in the last few days. If you've asked a question recently, I'll answer, for certain--it just takes me a little longer some days.

Did I mention weigh day is tomorrow morning at my doctor's office? I'm curious. I've resisted weighing a couple of times over the last few weeks. I almost did at my last doctors appointment. They give me the option since they know I'll be in again on weigh day. I honestly have zero clue to what the scale might say. I was convinced of another loss last time and ended up with a two pound gain. I'm not worried. No, seriously--I'm not.

The scale doesn't know me or owe me. It'll give me a little report with one number based on a hundred different variables. It doesn't give me extra special consideration because I'm maintaining the integrity of a good calorie budget, remaining abstinent from sugar and eating well. It's my job to apply that extra consideration/acknowledgement to myself, regardless of what number pops up tomorrow.

Of course, if there's another gain, I'll be flipping out. 

What? I'm human and I will straight up pout like Noah.

My Tweets Today:
























Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

5 comments:

  1. I'm excited to hear about your first spin in the new shoes and the weigh-in, Sean - hope both of them go well. Meanwhile, I'm with you on the sleep deprivation - a couple of short nights and I'm feeling it. Days like this make me consider re-introducing caffeine to my diet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emma, I applaud your commitment to no caffeine--but I must say, I'm in awe. I honestly can't imagine doing it!! The first spin in the shoes was a success and the weigh in was unexpected and leaves me in thought about what I'm doing and how I'm doing it. It was a 10 pound loss over the last three weeks. My goal isn't to lose more weight. It's tricky finding the balance.

      Delete
    2. Much like your commitment to no sugar, Sean! I can't imagine doing that, although I am fortunate I don't have a real sweet tooth. And yes, finding your balance will take some time, and just when you figure it out, something will change. I am sure you have all the tools you need to adjust and adapt as you go :-)

      Delete
  2. ah.. the dreaded or notsomuch dreaded WI. I believe I have a love -hate relationship with the scale. I had 2 scales.. yes, 2. If I didn't like the number on the one in the bathroom I'd go to the one in the kitchen! Yes, I know, not healthy at all to do that.
    They BOTH broke during our move to our new house... I think "someone" was trying to tell me something! So, I didn't get a new one. NOPE, I was holding strong.... until.......... I ate and said to myself... I don't have to be accountable, I have NO scale! Next day I went and bought my new scale! But I've grown .. Only one in the house now! :)
    I was a grumpy Gram today, too.
    The five yr old was excellent.
    The one yr old ran me crazy!
    Grammie needed a nap!
    But we wouldn't change it for the world, would we? :)
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Rosie, I'm so glad you're down to just one scale, my friend! :) OMGoodness--the grandkids...yes, I might have been exhausted--but you know what?? I miss him like crazy right now. Not for the world, Rosie--you got that right!

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.