Sunday, August 2, 2015

August 2nd, 2015 I'm Two, I Got This

August 2nd, 2015 I'm Two, I Got This

I took this day and made it one to relax. The last two have been busy and I just needed some time to sleep, relax and gather myself. I did just that today! It was a sleep-in, then three and half hours later, take a nap, kind of day.

I picked up my grandson Noah this evening and took him out to dinner. He's staying with me for a few days. I have the help of a good friend, making it possible for me to go get my exercise tonight and just generally being a big help in taking care of him each day. I'll admit, I'm a nervous wreck with him. I'm over-protective and panicky over the slightest of things. I have to be told to calm down and take a deep breath and that it's okay. Noah? He just smiles at me and laughs, as if to say--come on grandpa, I'm two, I got this! 
 photo photo2012a_zps0m0yhe0s.jpg
We're having fun while we wait on our food.

 photo e09425e1-3846-4f3d-83e2-8909910ed962_zps0593wbln.png
New background photo for my phone!

I'm receiving a gift tomorrow and I'm really excited about it and grateful. I'm getting custom fit for a pair of running shoes. I'm looking forward to finally giving an honest effort in an attempt to run a 5K within 60 days. You see, there's a run for Autism the first weekend in October, I believe--whenever it is, I'm in it!! I've never ran very far without stopping. That's the goal. 60 days to get ready. 3.1 miles of running without stopping. These new shoes will make a big difference!

It's been a really good food day. My exercise tonight was a brisk walk in the park for 2.7 miles. I'm hitting the pillow having met my goals for today.

My Tweets Today:




























Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

10 comments:

  1. Hey good for you. Funny, just last week I agreed with a friend to do a no-stop 5K. We were a bit more forward with our schedule. August 30.

    I went out to the shoreline and did a :20 min walk/jog this evening. Getting ready.

    --Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh My, Chris--August 30th!!!! I'm a little bit freaking out about the end of September, actually. I can't imagine! Glad you're training now!
      I did a "test run" tonight and it went very well, I believe.

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to hear more about your new running shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz--they're wonderful! I jogged in them tonight and they didn't hurt my feet!!!

      Delete
  3. Good shoes are really important! Wish I could run but my arthritic knees won't let me. At least I walk :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walking is truly transformative, Suzanne. I feel very blessed to be in a position to try out running. I've avoided it--but I keep being encouraged to try it--so I'm totally game to give it an honest try.
      I'm glad you can get out there and walk, Suzanne.

      Delete
  4. NOAH LOVES YOU! YOU HAVE GOT IT GRAMPS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, Kim--thank you!!! I love him so much, too! He's incredible. I'm so blessed to have him in my life.

      Delete
  5. Oh man, I can relate to the "over protective" part of the grands! My son always tells me to relax, step back... but she's going to be 1 on Wed... ONE! EEK! She is into everything!! And just about walking, so Grammie is running like a mad women! Hey! Maybe that's a good thing!
    He is adorable! Enjoy him... and I know you do!
    Great gift!!! How nice is that?
    Can't wait to hear how the 5k goes!
    have a good night, Sean.
    Rosie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosie, thank you! Yeah--I can relate. I get crazy stressed and worried over every little thing. He just smiles--as if he gets a little kick out of grandpa's stress level! :) He's a little stuntman sometimes!

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.