Sunday, February 25, 2018

February 25th, 2018 There To Experience

February 25th, 2018 There To Experience

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed connected with good support.

Last night was truly a wonderful experience. Cindy and I attended an "Adult Prom." It was a special night of dressing up and thoroughly enjoying one another's company. When she walked out in her dress, oh my--I became a touch emotional, I mean, yeah--you know, I'm a sensitive guy--and uh, so, yeah-- I was moved by her beauty. I think her two youngest daughters and their friend also became slightly teary eyed. So I wasn't alone!

An experience like last night tends to flood my mind with comparisons to life as a 500-pound person.  Forget the mental and emotional blocks that kept me from enjoying things like this, the physical limitations alone always seemed to exclude me from even thinking about a night like that. A long evening of dancing, smiling, and laughing was a needed break.

Although I've never been a dancer, ever, and she's a pro on the dance floor, I danced and she graciously met me right where I was. She even tried to teach me a few moves. I'm sure mine was one of the most awkward attempts at dancing, but I didn't care. It was fun. And that's what we were there to experience.

If you ever get a chance to go to an "adult prom," I hope you'll put on that tux or dress and go live a little! Smile, laugh and sing--and dance!! It's important to do these things every now and then!

Some pics from last night:
























































































Today's Accountability Tweets:


Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time and you make a very attractive couple. Glad you are enjoying life! You have many blessings to count and I know you do it daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look happy cousin, that makes me happy. You both look amazing.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.