Sunday, February 4, 2018

February 4th, 2018 Believed It

February 4th, 2018 Believed It

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed connected with wonderful support.

The grocery store broadcast yesterday went very well. I was able to get some super bargains on some of the foods I keep in my food plan all the time. I found some marked down 93% lean beef for $1.99 a pound! I prefer the 96% lean simply for calorie value reasons--but at 1.99 a pound, I'll sacrifice the slight difference in calories! Petite sirloins were down to $3.68 a pound! I'm a bargain shopper. It's interesting to note how an old belief was that I couldn't afford to eat like I eat today when actually, I spend a lot less on food now than I did at my heaviest. In hindsight, I realize it was less a belief and more of a way to rationalize my behaviors with food. If I couldn't afford to eat well, then I was off the hook! So I said it and believed it! It wasn't true. The 49 cent avocados and 1.19 a pound honeycrisp apples in my fridge prove otherwise!

Today's plan included sleeping in well. I got some things accomplished before picking up Noah and Mom for a store trip and Super Bowl watching at a nice place less than two blocks from my apartment. We left in the 3rd quarter and listened to the rest of the game on the radio. Noah didn't want our time together to end. When I reminded him of school tomorrow--and how we needed to get him home soon, he put on a sad expression and said, "but I've missed you." Just melted my heart right then and there. With the flu, the move, and a busy schedule--it's been a while since Noah time-- too long, for sure...and make no mistake, he knows it. And he knows how to go straight to the heart!



















Headed to bed very soon. The 4:30am alarm comes quickly! It's been a wonderful day. Oh--by the way, if you're an Eagles fan, congrats! To all my New England Patriots cheering friends, I'm sorry! 

Today's Accountability Tweets:


Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.