Thursday, February 8, 2018

February 8th, 2018 Time, Space, And Grace

February 8th, 2018 Time, Space, And Grace

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed connected with good support contacts.

One of the big things I've discovered about this entire process is how critically important it is to practice changing our self-talk to a positive and supportive language. I have much more experience talking negatively to and about myself than I have the other way. Embracing positive self-talk is one of the daily practices I must make important. Isn't it interesting how we speak to ourselves sometimes? I don't know about you, but for me--I've said things to and about me that I would never in a million years say to someone I care about. Ending that self-abusive pattern/language is not easy!!!

One compelling question that helps me: How would I speak to one of my daughters or mom if they came to me and described this happening or circumstance or choice? Also-- If I had a very positive person follow me around each day--what would I want them to say to me in support? Would they remind me to be kind to me? Would they be kind to me? Would their suggestions be positive and uplifting? And then I realize, I can choose to be that voice--but again, it takes intentional work. But then again, doesn't every positive thing?

I feel like I've done a fairly good job--scratch that, I feel I've done an exceptional job in the positive self-talk department. It's one of the things I emphasize because I've experienced the life-changing effects of changing the inner dialogue.

Changing our self-talk changes things in dramatic ways.  Suddenly we're able to believe the positive visualizations of where we're headed. Suddenly we take extraordinary care in ways we didn't. We give ourselves time, space, and grace to evolve our personal plans in the most beautiful ways. I find it's dramatically changed the value I place on certain elements of my plan--because I'm worth the time I spend in the kitchen preparing my on-plan meals. I'm worth the time it takes to remain accountable. Now, I feel worthy of kindness. I feel worthy of good things. I feel blessed--and because there's a positive energy in this practice, it enables me to focus on gratitude. And that one thing--the gratitude list, enhances everything else. 

Be kind to you. You deserve the best, don't you?

Today's Accountability Tweets:


Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.