Monday, February 5, 2018

February 5th, 2018 They're Different

February 5th, 2018 They're Different

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed connected with wonderful support.

Finding a groove within your plan is a beautiful thing. I refer to it as a rhythm. It takes intentional actions each day in order to maintain, but it's a routine--a schedule, a flow of actions in support of continued plan stability. The groove or rhythm, if you will, changes too-- I definitely have a weekday rhythm and a weekend rhythm, both still on plan--both have a set of identical non-negotiable elements, but still, they're different.
Tostadas in the oven--avocado in the bowl! My lunchtime
routine is enjoyable and delicious!




















The weekday plan includes very similar breakfasts and lunches with extra variety coming with dinner selections. The weekend plan contains more variety and sometimes include restaurant meals. My sleep pattern changes from the weekday to the weekend plan, too, of course.

If I tried to apply the exact same plan to every single day, I'd be disappointed quickly.

I'm immensely grateful for each day along this road. Maintaining an embrace comes from a deep respect for the fragility of it all. I'm always one choice away from a spiral. When it comes to my food plan, I must always approach it from a recovery perspective. It takes more than meets the eye. It's a daily practice of staying connected with the plan and people.

Is the rhythm perfect? NOT AT ALL! But perfection isn't the goal. The goal is continuing an embrace of the plan and practices that keep me well. There's always room for improvement and there are always opportunities to learn. I've said it many times--if I ever reach a point where I proclaim victory--then it's the beginning of the end. A person that thinks they know everything is someone who has chosen to stunt their growth because they've closed their mind. I proudly do not know everything, and I'm constantly learning what to do and what not to do. Again-- a practice, a rhythm--a routine, a balance--all for just one more day. 

Today's Accountability Tweets:


Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.