Tuesday, February 27, 2018

February 27th, 2018 It's The End Of The Tweets As We Know It

February 27th, 2018 It's The End Of The Tweets As We Know It

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed connected with good support.

It was just over a year ago when after taking the tweets off the blog, then added them back. I still did the Tweets each day-I just stopped adding them to the end of this blog-- it was a short period. One of the messages I received back then about the Tweets was from Suzanna in Maine. She wrote:

I miss the tweets on your blog! I don't do twitter, so unless you highlight one like the onion rings a few days ago (I must try these!), I don't see them anymore. You mentioned the tweets on your blog sidebar, but I don't see those when I read from my phone's browser. Please bring back the tweets. Your calorie budget is 800 bigger than mine but I still got a lot of great ideas from seeing what you were eating. It also, as you've suggested many times, told a narrative of the day. The consistency of your weighing, measuring and just all of it--restaurant visits too, inspired me. Even though I can't stand sweet potatoes, catfish, and a few other things you seem to include quite often, it still helps me somehow. Thank you, Suzanna-faithful reader, in Maine.

My reply: 
Suzanna, thank you so much for this wonderful message. After careful consideration, I'm adding them back to the end of the blog. I certainly can't please everyone, but I must say--I have missed the Tweets on each day's post--because it did help "tell the tale" of the day. It's just important to remember: These tweets are simply an accountability tool for me. They're not a food plan, or a recommendation, not an endorsement of any particular product or anything other than a way for me to be accountable. It's been a very powerful tool. It's reflective of what I enjoy eating. It's reflective of where I am along this road--in maintenance mode. I'm two months shy of three years straight. I'm proud of the streak. But I'm open to someday phasing out the tweets. I do not ever plan on phasing out the MyFitnessPal logging, the planning, the weighing and measuring food--the abstinence from refined sugar and everything else I do each day... But someday, I may stop the twitter feed in its current form. Until then--I like the idea of bringing them back. Thanks for reading, Suzanna!

Here we are, one year later and that "someday" I mentioned in that reply is here. Tomorrow is the final day of the Tweets. I'll still be logging everything, every day in MyFitnessPal--that never changes, but as I wrote above, I'm only stopping the Twitter feed in its current form. I'll use Twitter to feature special dishes and recipes--and certain occasions, but the picture and description of every single thing, every day, ends after tomorrow. Nearly four years of tweeting every single thing was a wonderful experience, but it's time for me to evolve. I think there are better ways to use my Twitter account.

It's the end of the tweets as we know it and I feel fine.

Today's Accountability Tweets:


Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

2 comments:

  1. I marvel that you have photographed every single thing you ate for four years and tweeted it. Truly a commitment which probably became tedious. The Avocado Council (if there is such a thing) will miss your daily endorsements. Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome milestone (not millstone) Sean!

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.