Saturday, October 13, 2018

October 13th, 2018 Teaching Me

October 13th, 2018 Teaching Me

Yesterday: I maintained the integrity of my slightly reduced calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I exceeded my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

I've noticed a big difference in my stride the last couple days. It's not just feeling good about the changes in my daily practice, it's proceeding with a certain measure of certainty I was missing.

Uncertainty, to me, is a like an infection. It grows. Suddenly, where we are isn't certain and how we must proceed isn't either. Laying everything out on the table this week has helped me restore a measure of certainty by showing me where I am, where I want to be, and it's helped clearly define the action steps needed to shut down the uncertainty. This experience is helping me with my daily practice, of course, but it's also teaching me about how this dynamic affects my other goals. My goodness--I could write 20,000 words on this at the moment--but I'll save it for now.

Yesterday included a lot of free food offered to me throughout the course of the day. It was at my broadcast earlier in the day and it was in the press box at the stadium last night for a game where I was the fill-in public address announcer. I committed my plan to a support friend and a kept it in every way. These type of situations sometimes include on-plan foods and in those situations, I can make adjustments and put together a meal. The events yesterday didn't include food on my plan. It was a lot of trigger foods for me, so it was a no-can-do. I made sure to navigate with what I needed when I needed it, and it worked out well.

The food-plan dynamics of today are almost identical to yesterday. I have a location broadcast this morning and tonight I'm booked to play music and emcee a wedding ceremony/reception in Oklahoma City. More free food, everywhere!! My goodness! I'll do the same as yesterday--I'll commit a plan with the right to call an audible and then, I'll make sure I have what I need in case the choices just don't work for me.

If you're on MyFitnessPal, I invite you to friend me! My username is SeanAAnderson. You can join me on Twitter too, @SeanAAnderson

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.