Saturday, October 6, 2018

October 6th, 2018 Not Required

October 6th, 2018 Not Required

Yesterday: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I exceeded my daily water goal, I had plenty of natural exercises, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

My goodness, yesterday was a workout! We had a sound rig for a two-location split broadcast-- it was a lot of picking up and moving heavy equipment--several times. This morning, I'm sore! It's a good kind of sore, though, certainly.

The schedule yesterday was a brutal one once again. It required a solid plan as far as my food was concerned (every day requires a plan) because at an event like yesterday's, the free food is everywhere. One thing I've discovered is how the longer I go along this road, the more people know me well enough to know, I'm good when it comes to the food. In other words, they're less likely to offer, encourage, or push food my way. I've also learned to say "no" when "no" is necessary. The boundaries have been set for a while and it goes unspoken. I don't make a big deal of it. I make sure I have what I need. My job requires me to talk up all the free stuff--and that's okay, but I'm not required to eat it!! And that's a good thing. We would have a serious problem if that were the case!

I prepared an insanely late dinner last night, after 11pm, and although I don't like to do that very often--when I do, it's usually the best option given the circumstance. And really, considering my late lunch didn't happen yesterday until after 4pm, it worked. I watched some Netflix for a little while in order to unwind before getting some good rest. Over 7 hours sleep last night--yes!! That felt great.

I'm headed out to emcee at OctoberFest today. I'll be packing what I need for my food plan-- but mainly as a supplement and backup to whatever I can find that works from the food vendors. I've handled this strategy before since this is the 7th or 8th year in a row for me at this event--I know what to expect. Assembling an on-plan lunch should be fairly simple. I'll likely take my own Joseph's flax-oat bran-whole wheat pita to hold whatever filling I find-- and I might take apple slices and an avocado too. It'll be great. An event like this can be challenging but it's also an opportunity to "live life on life's terms," as my good friend Gerri Helms reminds me.

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.