Tuesday, October 2, 2018

October 2nd, 2018 Nudging

October 2nd, 2018 Nudging

Yesterday: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I exceeded my daily water goal, I completed a solid 30-minute elliptical workout, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

Every now and again, a day comes along when I'm super-challenged. Stress, emotion, anxiety--a big ole mess of that stuff, just swirling and turning. Yesterday was a day like that. My goodness, it just kept coming at me.

Fortunately, not every day is like yesterday. Did I handle it in the best possible way? Probably not. But I did the best I could do. I can think of ways it could have been better.

What I didn't do was eat my way through it. Oh yeah-- that inclination--that nudging, that head chatter suggestion still exists--of course it does, that's why it takes a daily practice of intentional actions to keep me well.

My workout last night on the elliptical was more for the mental/emotional benefits. It helped a lot. I made it to the store and then home to prepare a good on-plan dinner, and that helped too. My schedule of late has found me eating dinner out a lot, which isn't horrible--I mean, I stay in my lane, but still, I prefer feeling how it feels to weigh and measure and prepare something I enjoy and feel best about within my food plan.

Today will be a better day. It'll be challenging, still, but better--in part because of how yesterday was handled.

Yesterday's Featured Tweet:


Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

1 comment:

  1. Maybe it was something in the air - yesterday was bananas here as well!

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.