Friday, October 19, 2018

October 19th, 2018 Hang With Me

October 19th, 2018 Hang With Me

Yesterday: I maintained the integrity of my reduced calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

The funky feeling started hitting me early yesterday morning during my radio show. I'm usually pretty good at masking it on the air but quickly, I realized I wasn't doing a very good job of masking anything. I felt sick. Instead of pushing through, I organized the schedule, made changes in plans, and left work early to get some additional rest. I was feeling better by mid-afternoon. I had to cancel my participation as a judge in the Harry Potter costume contest last night. I gave them plenty of notice to replace me, and they were completely cool. I'm not 100%, but maybe 80% this morning with no fever, so I'm up and at 'em, ready to go for a solid Friday. Who knows what it was or is, but whatever it is, it's not anything major--and for that, I'm grateful.

The recent goals workshop with Gerri Helms has me completely enthused about things I haven't had enthusiasm for in quite some time. Hang with me and you'll start to see some of these things take form!

It's very easy to get into a rhythm unconducive for positive change even when that rhythm keeps us fairly well, or "okay," or better than it used to be once upon a time. I want more. What I'm discovering as I sort through the elements creating my personal rhythm is this: It doesn't take major- sweeping changes in order to move in the direction of our dreams. In fact, seemingly small, intentional actions interrupt the rhythm of complacency and allow us to change our course at a speed allowing the calmest of stable progression. Fast and furious doesn't work well for me. Completely upending my life and routine would only serve to counter the very stability on which my daily practice aims.

The daily practice is working well at the moment. My food plan is in good shape and my focus on the important structural elements (meditation-personal spiritual time-staying connected with others in the same life boat-logging and tracking-offering support to others-listening to others more experienced than me) feels like it's in a great place.

Okay-- I better get into this Friday! I have a busy morning radio show planned and waiting for me. This weekend provides a wonderful opportunity for me to accomplish some things I haven't made time for recently. I have zero radio or special event commitments this weekend. I haven't been able to say that in a month or so, so that's a good thing!

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.