Sunday, October 14, 2018

October 14th, 2018 Prepared

October 14th, 2018 Prepared

Yesterday: I maintained the integrity of my reduced calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I exceeded my daily water goal, I ended up with significant natural exercise, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

As far as my food plan was concerned, yesterday's challenges were identical to Friday's challenges. Friday it was plenty of off-plan food offered at my location broadcast and later that evening with the pressbox catering. Yesterday was the same location broadcast and instead of pressbox catering, it was the food table at the wedding I was djing/emceeing. I had plenty of access to off-plan choices. I showed up prepared. And for me, "prepared" isn't exclusively about the food. It's about staying connected with accountability measures and support contacts.

When I choose to stay connected with accountability and support, suddenly I'm not trying to "go it alone." Going it alone doesn't work for me. I've tried that route and it doesn't lead to good places.

The refinements I've applied to my plan are going very well. Fortunately, these changes aren't giant changes, they're small adjustments and tweaks-but I know from experience, given the time and commitment, the consequences will be favorable.

One of the challenges of late is saying no. I have a hard time saying no to special projects or extra jobs even when I seriously don't have the time or energy to say yes-- but I end up saying yes and somehow making it through whatever is required. The problem in that is, it usually turns out okay, but often at an expense that takes from other areas of my life. Case in point-- The other night, on the spot--I was offered an extra job that came with the phrase, "...and I pay very well." I appreciate the opportunity and Lord knows I have bills that could use that money--and it is certainly a nice validation that what I do, I do well, but I'll likely say no to that opportunity because the time and commitment required is too high an investment on my part. Saying "no" is difficult for me--and the reason why I believe--is directly tied to my past. Let me explain...

Saying no goes against my desire to be accommodating and agreeable in order to maintain likability. The flaw in that pursuit is how constantly saying yes when the best answer is sometimes no, gives the illusion of likability while tearing down respect and consideration...but it's a pattern for me that developed in the mind of my 500-pound body over the years because in my brain, I thought my appearance was enough of a barrier to being likable--so in that flawed perspective, I couldn't risk doing or saying anything that might diminish opportunities to be liked or favored. Make sense? Yeah, it's deep stuff.

Finding the balance between what I can and cannot do--and between what I shouldn't and should do, is an ongoing challenge. Basing those decisions on the above-mentioned dynamic isn't healthy for me and only leads to resentment and exhaustion. When I speak of this "daily practice," it covers so much more than my food and exercise plan.


















Last night's wedding was a wonderful experience. The whole thing went very well and even ended a little earlier than expected. I was planning on stopping at IHOP on the way home for coffee and a low-cal omelet, instead, I opted to wait and prepare my own at home. The 1.5-hour drive went well and waiting turned out to be the best decision for me.



















Stadium announcing at Friday's football game was certainly out of my comfort zone but it really was an honor to be asked and it worked out really well. I had a lot of fun with it--especially my personal spin on "...and that's good for another Ponca City Wildcat Firrrrrsssst Down and Tennnnnnnnnnnyyyyyyyuuugh."  The "yuh" at the end was my little unique signature. I wasn't the most knowledgeable booth announcer or the most qualified by any stretch, but thanks to the spotter and assistant in the booth, I was able to pull it off.

My two extra events this weekend were things I'm really glad I said yes to doing. It was a really good experience all the way around.

I slept in today-- wonderfully. I feel rested and ready for my Sunday. I'm about to prepare a meal before going to the studio for a training session I'm conducting for new on-air talent.

I plan on picking up mom later for her weekly dinner out and shopping trip. She looks forward to getting out and about. Mom is doing well in several ways. She's starting to make the most of her time day to day, too--exploring ways to enjoy her days, instead of just focusing on when she can get out and go. And that's a very good thing.

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

1 comment:

  1. Let me think about that and get back to you.

    Let me check my schedule and get back to you.

    Let me double check a couple things and get back to you.

    I have had such envy of the people who have some version of counting to ten before they speak. I think it is a valuable skill.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.