Friday, June 1, 2018

June 1st, 2018 The Battle

June 1st, 2018 The Battle

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I exceeded (12 cups!) my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with good support.

The heat index was hovering around 100 degrees this evening during the 3rd Annual Battle Of The Burger. I was out there over four hours--and was absolutely soaked and beat by the time it was over. The length of time for me was nothing compared to the teams and volunteers who spent two and three times as long out there in the oppressive heat. I was the emcee tonight for the 2nd and a half year... the first year, I took over emcee duties in the middle...so, I guess technically, this was my 3rd year in a row to emcee this incredible community event. I got sunburned a little bit. I suppose that's one way to get some vitamin D, right?

One thing I did differently this year: I decided to sample some of the burgers--just the meat, no buns. I thought about taking my Ezekiel bread but decided against it at the last minute. It was a fun time!

I did get offered a bunch of "not my food" items tonight, including cheesecake, cupcakes, and beer--At one time along this road, I always felt like I needed to explain why I was saying no. I don't do that anymore. I simply say, "No, thank you." If the items offered were homemade--and it was a case of someone serving "love on a plate," then I still say no if it isn't "my food," but I often follow with a compliment on their creation. "No, thank you--but I've heard yours is the best around! Looks amazing! You're an artist!" If they insist, I drop the compliments and stick with a firm, "No, but thank you for thinking of me!" And if they still press, they just get a firm, "no." Most people don't go that far.

Just because those things aren't on my food plan doesn't mean I don't appreciate when someone does 'em well! I don't fault anyone for offering things to me either--it is nice of them to think of me.

You see, I can't expect others to know of my daily practice or even understand it--I must always be the one who takes responsibility in caring for my plan each day. I've emceed this event the last three years with a weight fluctuation in maintenance mode of around 5-7 pounds, so for some--they see me look the same as last year and the year before in the same size clothes and it might be easy for them to think, Oh, clearly he can eat this kind of stuff now. He's got this down!! Uh, no I don't! They don't know, it takes a daily diligence--a daily practice...and it's a practice I've fashioned in a way to suit me well enough to embrace each day.

I do not have a set schedule tomorrow. I do have some plans at the studio--some work to catch up on, but I'm technically off, so anything I do tomorrow will be on my schedule. I also plan to release another Transformation Planet podcast episode this weekend. I mention that for accountability sake!!

I've relaxed enough--time to drop in bed and get some rest!

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.