Sunday, July 27, 2014

July 27th, 2014 Deliberate Action and Intentions

July 27th, 2014 Deliberate Action and Intentions

I've heard it said the body keeps track of your sleep deficit until you finally give it the rest it needs. This afternoon, I worked off a little of that debt to self through napping well. I may not be completely paid up, but I'm making progress. And honestly, isn't this what it's all about? Progress not perfection? 

Yesterday's post may have sounded a little rough and unforgiving. I'm getting rather exhausted from my constant struggle with time management and getting enough sleep at appropriate times. The realization that I'm actually choosing to struggle sounds harsh at first blush, but when you dissect the behavior involved, it's accurate. When you compare this part of my recovery to other commitments, then it becomes very clear: If I make something a major priority, I do it. If I don't make it a priority, I wallow in an uncommitted state of struggle, hence the choosing to struggle.  In that place, sleep/time management issues stay in the realm of things I need to improve on instead of moving into the realm of things I'm confronting head on with deliberate action and intentions. 

I'm not proclaiming my sleep schedule will immediately snap into its best position, but I shall stop writing about how much I need to do it and start doing it the best I can with deliberate action and intention.

After a good dinner (see the tweet below), I visited a while with Amber about her transition into her first year of teaching special education. She showed me her teaching certificate from the State of Oklahoma Department of Education and I was so incredibly proud and I can tell, she is proud too.

After our good visit, I made the short trek across the street from her apartment to the walking trail for a nice 5K. For some reason I thought it was a brilliant idea to try some jogging. I did. For thirty seconds.  If running is something I really want to do someday I must give a solid effort to a C25K (couch to 5K) program. I just want a good workout, that's all. My power walk was good, don't get me wrong. It's just--I keep hearing runners speak of their experience like running is euphoric. I've never tried long enough to transition from pain to pleasure. I have a feeling my approach and perspective needs adjusted...obviously! 

I'm taking mom to her doctor in Oklahoma City tomorrow afternoon. I'm looking forward to spending time with her in the car. We always have the best talks and the most wonderful fits of laughter. I'll make sure I'm well prepared food-wise and otherwise. I'll likely not make it home in time to do the Monday evening spin class but the plan is to go to the YMCA for a less humid indoor workout upon my return.

My meal tweets today:






Thank you for reading and for your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

2 comments:

  1. I don't think you're being too hard on yourself - you're not beating yourself up about it, just analysing what is going on and how to fix it. You get to decide what is a priority to you every stage and every day. As you get one thing tied down, something else will need work. I think that is just life - there is always another thing to work on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely think seeing your avocado pics is stimulating my taste buds..

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.