Monday, July 16, 2018

July 16th, 2018 At Some Point

July 16th, 2018 At Some Point

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I exceeded my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

I eat at least one and sometimes two apples a day. I change varieties depending on what's on sale and what isn't. Right now I have ambrosia and New Zealand Koru apples. It's interesting to me that as a kid, I didn't eat a lot of apples. It wasn't that they weren't available, they were. And it wasn't because I didn't have a good example, I did. I watched my grandfather eat at least one and sometimes two apples a day. It wasn't that I didn't like apples--I think they just didn't compare to my other options. What's even more fascinating to me is how even a deeply ingrained perspective we've held since childhood can be "dislodged," so to speak, because now I look forward to eating my apples. As an adult, I suppose I'm able to evaluate my options with a clearer understanding of how those different options affect me. The change in perception only made possible through trial and error, or better--experience. The experiences repeated over and over must, at some point, meet resistance in order to change the pattern. Intentional resistance changed the pattern. I sometimes refer to it as "acting instead of reacting."

What are we willing to do to change the patterns that can lead to a different path? If our experiences repeated over and over are because of a deeply ingrained set of reactions developed over years and years, what intentional actions can we establish in order to have the best chance of finding a pathway out of insanity?

I'm not going to "hard-sell" you on joining the support group I facilitate.  I'll simply say, we have space available on the late call option. The early call time is full. We're all in the same secret Facebook group every day, we just divide the once-weekly group conference call coaching/mentoring sessions into two calls every Wednesday night. The late call is an hour long and starts at 8:15pm Central/9:15pm Eastern/6:15pm Pacific. If you're interested in details, email me soon. transformation.road@gmail.com We're less than 48 hours away from the start of this 8-week session! 

I had a good day made better by getting more rest last night! I see how that works! I need to do that intentional action more often!

I also had a few wonderful support interactions today. Those are always appreciated!

It was a good evening. I participated in a book discussion group covering chapter 2 of Dr. Marty Lerner's free e-book (available at www.milestonesprogram.org), I prepared a wonderful dinner, and I enjoyed a short visit with mom. It's time to hit the pillow!

Today's Featured Tweet:


Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.