Sunday, July 22, 2018

July 22, 2018 Needed

July 22, 2018 Needed

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

I slept in well today and that was good. I needed the rest! I accomplished a good deal of cleaning today and that was good, too! My apartment needed it!

A little work at the studio and another broadcasting client marketing/production meeting at a local restaurant was part of my afternoon activities. It was a productive day.

Mom and I had our Sunday evening outing to the store and even though we dined at Los Portalis Friday night for Courtney's birthday dinner, we did again this evening. I keep the same set of boundaries at the Mexican restaurant that I've used for some time: I separate my chips from the bowl, counted and logged--no beans, no rice--corn taco shells instead of flour, grilled chicken or steak, veggies and some sour cream and a little bit of cheese. It works for me. When I do this I never leave the restaurant feeling stuffed. I leave feeling simply satisfied. It's a big difference from the periods in my life when a trip to a Mexican restaurant was basically a binge fest.

I enjoyed some really solid support exchanges today. Engaging in these helps keep me focused and well.

One of the conversations today brought up standup. I miss standup. I haven't performed in a while. I was challenged to do one simple thing this week in that direction--so, I committed to working on a setlist for an upcoming performance yet to be scheduled!
 


















That was a fun show at the Poncan Theatre. The next time I do an extended set, I'll make sure I record a video of it and I'll share it with you here. Cameras weren't in the palm of our hands back when I was actively pursuing stand-up. I wish I had more pictures and video of those days. Once upon a time, I had a website with "audio clips from the stage," but that's long since gone. Anyway--I occasionally get a little nostalgic and longing for it-- I certainly don't plan on relaunching a stand-up career--but it certainly tells me that if it's on my mind so much, perhaps I need to make an effort to do more shows more often--just for fun.

Today's featured Tweet:


Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.