Friday, October 11, 2019

October 11th, 2019 What I Want

October 11th, 2019 What I Want

Since last night, I've maintained the integrity of my calorie budget, I've remained refined sugar-free, I've exceeded my daily water goal, and I've stayed well connected with exceptional support.

Having the opportunity today to spend nearly six hours in a car with someone who's had such a profound positive impact on my life, was a tremendous blessing. We talked the entire time. I don't put Gerri on a pedestal--although it might seem that way. She'd be the first to say "I'm just another bozo on the bus," but I can't keep myself from expressing gratitude for the impact her friendship, mentoring, and coaching has had on my life. She works her daily practice of things just as I do. Not the exact same because each of us fashion our personal plans to uniquely fit, but with super-similar perspectives, certainly. Here's the thing: People like Gerri and Dr. Lerner have what I want: Decades of peace, calm, and stability. I'm a willing student simply trying to learn all I can. I'm stubborn too and set in a lot of my ways! Because of this, it's a challenge for me much of the time!

I wouldn't want anyone to put me on a pedestal, either. I wake up each day and humbly admit I don't "got this." That's the first thing, every single morning, followed by prayer, meditation, positive visualizations, and affirmations. In order for me to remain well, I must be willing to embrace my daily practice of things. I'm perfectly capable of tossing it all away and quickly going back to being a miserable 500-pound man headed to an early death. I pray I don't. But I'm never immune to that fate. My disease of food addiction/compulsive over-eating is a determined one. That's why it's good for me to occasionally stop talking and simply open my mind, ears, and heart--and pay attention.

This weekend conference is a working one--a learning one. There isn't time for Graceland, Sun Studios, tracking down fellow blogger Jack-***t Gettin' Fit, or anything else popular on a trip to Memphis. I'm thrilled to be here. The speakers today and tonight had me glued to their every word. Powerful, inspiring, and full of incredible truths--every single one. I can't wait until tomorrow.

One thing I'll mention about the food postings...and I know I've mentioned this many times over the years; these are simply part of my accountability measures. I mention this again and again because truly, it's not all about the food. Developing and evolving a daily practice of things and embracing perspectives that keep me off the diet mentality merry-go-round requires much much more than a food plan, believe me.

I better get some rest. Another full day starts early.

I haven't had much time for picture taking today. I'll do some tomorrow and share a few.

Social Sean:



My new website shares a phone number with my podcast, Transformation Planet, and it's always available for you! Have a question? Text me! 580-491-2228 I'll text you back!

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

My new website: www.imchoosingchange.com

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Facebook: www.facebook.com/seananderson505
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for Android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 20 episodes waiting for you!

Questions or comments? Send an email! transformation.road@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.