Tuesday, October 8, 2019

October 8th, 2019 Taking It

October 8th, 2019 Taking It

Since our last visit, I've maintained the integrity of my calorie budget, I've remained refined sugar-free, I've exceeded my daily water goal, I enjoyed a good workout at the RecPlex, and I've stayed well connected with exceptional support.

I have one more day of work before I'm off until Tuesday. I've been blessed with an opportunity to spend a few days with my longtime mentor and friend, Gerri Helms, and I'm taking it! I'm looking forward to seeing her, her husband Dave, and many other fantastic people.

Gerri has worked with me and helped me through some of the roughest periods over the last eleven years. She'll certainly deflect or downplay this, I'm certain, but I can honestly say--I don't think I would have gotten this far without her example, guidance, and ability to cut straight to the truth in the most loving and supportive ways.

A colleague recently mentioned my "eleven-year diet" the other day, and I just smile. It's okay. Unless someone has specifically asked for my opinion or advice, I don't spend time trying to explain the difference between a diet mentality and a recovery based mentality. This isn't about being on a diet. But I get it, the perception--it's very common. This isn't about dieting, it's about creating a daily practice in life that is most supportive of my personal peace, calm, and stability.

This daily practice is never perfect and it doesn't need to be--further, that's not the pursuit.

The importance of staying connected with people who get it is imperative--by whatever means possible. We assemble tools to help us along each day. The accountability and support groups I facilitate (and actually founded with Gerri years ago) is a powerful tool. Our new session starts tonight and tomorrow night. If you're interested in being a member of this small, exclusive, and powerful team--then as soon as possible--email me transformation.road@gmail.com or text 580-491-2228. I'll give you details and answer any questions you might have.

This support group is just one way to be better prepared in handling the challenges as they come. I'd love to work directly with you as you develop your personal practice of things along this road.

Sometimes, for a variety of reasons, our brains tell us a binge seems like the perfect next move. Putting some space, just a little, between the thought and the action--long enough to identify the what and why of the situation, is often all that's needed to correct the skid.  If it doesn't quite work--reach out to someone and share the experience and feeling. It's very powerful.  Expose it, shine a light--and discuss it with someone who gets it. 

As a food addict, I'll tell you this: I've had times where I've felt driven to the fat and sugar.  Have you felt this too? When, despite the consequences--despite what you know is true, that a binge isn't going to fix anything and in fact make it all worse, you're driven like a moth to a flame? That's when it's really scary. The isolation that often accompanies such a leap is a dark, depressing place. And the only way out is to get connected, not only with your spiritual side but also with people who understand what you're experiencing. And stay connected.  Because you're not alone. We're never alone.  If we isolate, then we're still not alone, but it sure feels that way.

Social Sean:

My new website shares a phone number with my podcast, Transformation Planet, and it's always available for you! Have a question? Text me! 580-491-2228 I'll text you back!

Do you own an "I'm Choosing Change" wristband? Wearing one can serve as a powerful awareness/mindfulness tool! It certainly does for me. I wear mine proudly, daily, and more and more people are joining me in this movement! You can now order yours directly from my new website! Here's the link to the wristbands: Click HERE!

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

My new website: www.imchoosingchange.com

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Facebook: www.facebook.com/seananderson505
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for Android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 20 episodes waiting for you!

Questions or comments? Send an email! transformation.road@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.