Saturday, February 15, 2020

February 15th, 2020 In Many Ways

February 15th, 2020 In Many Ways

Since our last edition, I've maintained the integrity of my food plan boundaries, I've remained refined sugar-free, I've met or exceeded my daily water goal, and I've stayed well connected with exceptional support.

My visit with mom last night included some good conversations about my little brother Shane. He was born on Valentine's Day in 1977. We always remember Shane, especially on that day. He passed away almost nineteen years ago at the age of twenty-four. He would have turned forty-three yesterday. Our love for Shane is always peppered with sadness but we did our best to recall the fun times we shared instead of focusing on the time we didn't get with him. In many ways, quite honestly, I don't think the two of us are finished grieving his loss even almost two decades later. For me, my dependence on food over the years as an "escape hatch" from dealing with real and raw emotions kept me from fully processing and grieving.

 














Shane's birthday cakes were always in the shape of a heart. I'm sure anyone who shares a Valentine's birthday can relate. Considering how much Shane loved life and people, it was the perfect birthday for him. He was always full of love.
















We both had our hands in the frosting! This picture takes me back in a wonderful way. The craziest thing for me is realizing mom was only thirty-two years old when this picture was snapped! Today, at forty-eight, I look at thirty-two-year-olds like they're kids!













Of course, I was posing with a box of Little Debbie Snack Cakes. My grandmother and Amber in the background--and Shane, mom, and me--all of us at a restaurant. I'm still not sure why the snack cakes were brought along.
 













You can tell mom had a decent night of rest simply by looking at this picture. It's night and day different when she hasn't. The roses cheered her up quickly. I'm so grateful her care plan is helping keep her stable. She's really wanting to have an outing tomorrow. We tried last week and she just wasn't in any condition to get out and about. We will see how it is tomorrow!

In the meantime, my morning foundational routine is complete. I'm about to prepare and enjoy my breakfast--then it'll be time to run some errands before heading toward a location broadcast at a car dealership early this afternoon.

I'm feeling grateful and blessed this morning. 




Do you own an "I'm Choosing Change" wristband? I wear mine daily as a constant reminder of why my daily practice of things is important. For me, it's simply a daily reminder to be open, willing, mindful, to pause, and to be intentional. If I'm not those things, I get stuck at the line of least resistance and back there is where the old patterns and behaviors thrive. Your order includes priority shipping so you'll get it quickly! Here's the link to order yours right now: https://imchoosingchange.com/product/wristband/

My website shares a phone number with my podcast, Transformation Planet, and it's always available for you! Have a question? Want to share your story? Leave a voicemail or Text me! 580-491-2228 I'll text you back!

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

My website: www.imchoosingchange.com

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Facebook: www.facebook.com/seananderson505
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for Android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 20 episodes waiting for you!

Questions or comments? Send an email! transformation.road@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.