Thursday, February 6, 2020

February 6th, 2020 At The Moment

February 6th, 2020 At The Moment

Since our last edition, I've maintained the integrity of my food plan boundaries, I've remained refined sugar-free, I've met or exceeded my daily water goal, and I've stayed well connected with exceptional support.

Good morning! I never know how alert mom will be when we speak on the phone. Her condition continues to be an up and down kind of thing and the changes can be noticed even hours apart. For the most part, she seems to be doing much better. The nurses are on top of things very well--so her level of care and attention is really right where it needs to be at the moment. I'm very grateful and I feel confident in her care plan.

I've made some immediate changes with my food plan in response to my lab work results. I've eliminated high-fat cheeses. I'm reserving low-fat mozzarella as an occasional on-plan choice, but the higher fat stuff is out. I haven't missed it yet--not even a tiny bit, actually--which tells me something. I've also cut down on my consumption of half & half for my coffee. I ordered a straight black dark roast coffee yesterday and it wasn't a bad experience at all. The goal is to eventually be dairy-free. The fact that I can type that without severe anxiety is a good sign.

The "bad" cholesterol in the "high-normal" range isn't necessarily an emergency and as a few have suggested, the number may not be influenced exclusively by the high-fat dairy in my food plan--managing stress and getting more exercise, plus maybe some strategic food plan additions that are widely known to help such a number, may all help bring the number back down to where it's been most of the last several years.

My morning foundational routine is complete, my food is planned and ready for today, and I'm headed to the studio shortly.

By the way--for those who have inquired about my good friend and mentor, Gerri--she's doing very well after the stroke she recently suffered. It was a minor one--however, if you ask me, minor or major: Very scary. She's received good care and will continue receiving good care. That's a wonderful blessing, for sure. Have an amazing Thursday!








Do you own an "I'm Choosing Change" wristband? I wear mine daily as a constant reminder of why my daily practice of things is important. I'm not alone, either. This powerful message is worn on the wrists of people in a dozen states, maybe more, I haven't counted--but it's up there!! From New York to California and from Canada all the way to Scotland, they're out there! For me, it's simply a daily reminder to be open, willing, mindful, to pause, and to be intentional. If I'm not those things, I get stuck at the line of least resistance and back there is where the old patterns and behaviors thrive. Your order includes priority shipping so you'll get it quickly! Here's the link to order yours right now: https://imchoosingchange.com/product/wristband/

My website shares a phone number with my podcast, Transformation Planet, and it's always available for you! Have a question? Want to share your story? Leave a voicemail or Text me! 580-491-2228 I'll text you back!

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

My website: www.imchoosingchange.com

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Facebook: www.facebook.com/seananderson505
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for Android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 20 episodes waiting for you!

Questions or comments? Send an email! transformation.road@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Sorry for the unsolicited advice but I have had issues with my bad cholesterol in the past too. At one point my triglycerides were over 600! The doctor wrote "South Beach Diet" on a prescription pad and told me it's an order not a request. He explained it was the sugars that were dropping the fat into my blood, not fats. 2 months on South Beach Diet and my bad cholesterol was down to 86. I am always careful with starches and sugars now because I know my numbers get wonky if I don't.
    I am thinking of you and praying for you and your mom. I'm proud of you for staying on-plan despite how stressful it must be for you!

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.