Saturday, April 18, 2009

Day 216 Celebrating Twenty Years and Explaining The Simplicity

Day 216

Celebrating Twenty Years and Explaining The Simplicity

Last night's blog was a really good thing. Courtney's progress mentally and physically is a wonderful transformation to witness. She went out this morning and retrieved the burnt girdle from the patio and laughed at how strange it looked. This journey for Courtney, me, Irene, Amber, perhaps you, this is a journey to where we were meant to be. It's grabbing the reins of our life and putting our health and happiness first.

Irene and I are headed to Oklahoma City to celebrate our 20th Anniversary. We have a complimentary room waiting in the heart of Bricktown. Tonight we'll exercise in the pool. I love swimming! What a fantastic workout that will be. I'm looking forward to the swimming and the late night cruise down the canal! I'll be sure to tell you as much as Irene will allow me to tomorrow night about our little mini-getaway to OKC. She's so beautiful! And I'm so incredibly lucky!!

Had to make a trip to the store this morning to grab a few things for Amber and Courtney while we're gone. I wasn't in the store very long when one of the associates asked how much weight I'd lost. I told the nice lady 146 pounds and just then two people let out loud gasp and even louder “wow,” it was a little scene for sure. The first lady then asked and answered her own question. “So how are you doing it?” “Not eating I'm sure.” I quickly corrected her and listed every kind of food I could think of off the top of my head that I've enjoyed along this journey. Sometimes that confuses people even more. I've noticed a puzzled look on people's faces many times after I explain to them my “eat whatever I want” approach. I simply told her that I eat normal food and normal portions. I limit my daily calorie intake to 1,500, drink plenty of water and water based drinks, and I exercise regularly. I don't do pills, or special plans, or anything that cost money whatsoever. I was really proud of myself for the way I handled the situation. Sometimes when somebody is amazed at my progress but confused on how in the world I'm doing it, I will talk for a good five minutes trying to make them understand the simplicity of it all. But not today, I told her what I was doing, how I was doing it, and touched briefly on the mental aspects, all in under two minutes. I think it might have been a record. I can't help it sometimes. When you're as passionate about something as I am about this journey, you just can't help but tell anyone who'll listen.

I'm posting Saturday night's blog way early because I don't want to interrupt our festivities tonight. I look forward to all of the wonderful things that are ahead in this journey. I was thinking about some of the wonderful possibilities this morning and it gives me chills to come so far so fast. I have to bring myself back down to earth occasionally. I prefer not to, but real life is happening down here and I don't want to miss anything. Thanks for reading, Good day and...

Good Choices,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.