Thursday, February 11, 2016

February 11th, 2016 A Corrector

February 11th, 2016 A Corrector

It was a very rough start this morning. Once I got going, I was okay. I didn't eat breakfast until much later than normal. I didn't have time to eat any earlier. The day was tilted some because my routine was off center. The good news is, I resisted taking a nap.

And for the first time in several weeks, I'll be in bed by 9:30pm. This is, I hope, a corrector--and tomorrow will be a better day.

I made a fast trip to Stillwater this evening. I visited the funeral home to see my cousin April for the last time. She passed away the other day at the age of forty-six after a three year battle with cancer. She was a fighter. I'm reminded of my dear cousin every time I look in the mirror and see the scar above my left eye. April hit me in the head with a golf club when I was very young. It wasn't her fault. I walked right in front of her powerful swing as we played in the front yard of my great grandfather's house. She and I never forgot that day and the bloody scene, and me screaming and running hysterically. We often brought it up to one another in conversation over the years and each time, we smiled and laughed. Not because of the injury--but mainly because of some of the crazy things I was screaming as I blindly ran around the yard. I wish I would have kept in touch with her a little more over the years.

April leaves behind a husband, grown children and several grandchildren, two brothers and her mom, my Aunt Connie. The entire family and extended family will gather tomorrow for a midday dinner followed by her service. I plan on making the trip, picking up mom and joining everyone.

I enjoyed a wonderful food day. I'm really happy about being turned onto sugar free/flour free sprouted grain Ezekiel bread. It might not sound tasty, but I assure you, it's awesome. I like it because it gives me another quick option when I'm short on time. Lunch today worked perfectly. I also have a loaf of the sesame seed Ezekiel bread. I keep both in the freezer and take out what I need, when I need. I hear it's important to do this to prevent mold, especially with this kind of bread.

I'm really excited about the rest I'm getting tonight! By 9:30pm... I'm headed there, now!!!

My Tweets Today:




























Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

2 comments:

  1. A good rest is such a huge part of being mentally prepared for the next day. A lack of sleep is ALWAYS one of my triggers for mindless eating. sweet dreams!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Airlie! You're sooooo right. It's a huge difference maker. I'm so aware and extra diligent when I'm vulnerable--and if I'm exhausted, I'm vulnerable!!! So true!

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.