Tuesday, February 23, 2016

February 23rd, 2016 It Brings Me Back

February 23rd, 2016 It Brings Me Back

Have you ever stopped, thought about where you are opposed to where you've been, then immediately feel an enormous wave of gratitude? I'm talking, make you tear up kind of gratitude? Yeah, that. I've had a few of those lately.

It happens every time I speak on behalf of the Big Brothers/Big Sisters Program. And it happens, like it did today--out of the blue, when I think about this transformation of mine. And if you know me well, you know I'm not writing exclusively about the physical transformation.

The transformation of perspective--the spiritual, mental and emotional transformation---these are the biggies. Often times the physical simply serves as a reminder of these deeper things. Maybe it's a quick glimpse in the mirror while exiting the restroom, catching my reflection in a window or looking through pictures. It brings me back every time to the core elements behind the most visible part.

I'm monumentally grateful to be right here. I know I've written it many times--but I'm telling you again and again, I seriously thought I was a lost cause during that relapse/regain period. It got really dark, very quickly. My goodness, it was so important for me to experience that process, especially after being confident enough to declare on many occasions during my initial weight loss: "I'll never go back."  

I'm still confident now. But it's different. Now it's: "If I maintain the fundamental elements of my recovery, making them important each day, I'll have the best chance of not going back." It is never guaranteed. Fully understanding and appreciating that fact keeps me aware each day.

Today was a good day. I hope to have another one tomorrow.

Oh, before I hit the pillow--I got creative in the kitchen this morning! Breakfast enchiladas, by golly!! It was fun and delicious, a nice switch up! I'm totally having an avocado omelet in the morning. But different, every now and again, is a good thing.

My Tweets Today:
































Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

2 comments:

  1. I actually have had several spontaneous emotional moments. They typically happen when I'm starting or ending a running event. They come out of the blue. I guess it is just overwhelming to think that I'm actually running 13.1 miles... this girl who never ran and even hardly walked until itting mid 50's. What a blessing :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Rhonda, thank you for sharing this. Such a beautiful thing. You took your life back!

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.