Sunday, February 14, 2016

February 14th, 2016 Pleasant Memories

February 14th, 2016 Pleasant Memories

I spent some quality time with mom today. We shared a wonderful visit and a good meal. I gave her the option of picking the restaurant (I already knew which one she would pick!), but instead "Well, I guess we could go to Mexico Joes." 

"Mom, that's where I always pick--come on, not what I would pick, what you would pick." She picked a buffet place. Neither one of us take advantage of the all you can eat option, at least in the way we once did. Mom likes the variety. And I think it's a very familiar place, one we frequented so often, so long ago, and it brings back pleasant memories. A day like today invites all kinds of memories.

My little brother Shane died in 2001 at the age of twenty-four. He would have been thirty-nine today. We had a beautiful conversation full of memories in good times with Shane. He was there with us this evening.
 photo Mom picture she loves_zpst8yzy7fu.jpg
She looks incredibly young! This is a cropped photo. Mom did a double take and immediately liked how youthful the picture looked. She's 70. Doesn't look 70--not even a little bit!
 photo 2.jpg
My brother Shane, all dressed up for his high school prom. I've spent a lot of time thinking about him today. I miss him so much. I love that guy.

Mom loved her Valentine flowers and enjoyed dinner. So did I.

It was a very good day. Another day of maintaining the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, another day of remaining abstinent from refined sugar and another day full of gratitude for all the blessings in my life.

What a wonderful weekend!

My Tweets Today:






































Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like a perfect way to celebrate Valentine's day. You're a wonderful son. I'm dying/waiting for the spring crop of Asparagus to hit our markets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fairly perfect Valentines Day! Thank you! I'm blessed to have her as a mom. She makes being a good son very easy.
      Yes--fresh asparagus! Can't wait.

      Delete
  2. Your Mom does look great for 70! My Mom is 75, will be 76 this year and I have to make an appointment with her two weeks in advance in order to fit myself into her busy schedule! :D

    And I am happy to see Tammy commented and is alive and well even if she doesn't update her blog :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Biz, mom will LOVE reading what you've written! Thank you!! Yes, Tammy is here! :)

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.