Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Day 295 Brotherhood of The Traveling Pants and I'm Eating Chocolate Right Now!

Day 295

Brotherhood of The Traveling Pants and I'm Eating Chocolate Right Now!

I proudly put on the 44's this morning and headed out with with the most confident stride of my life. It really felt amazing. The largest size I ever had to wear was 64's. Tight 64's. I wonder how heavy I was then? Probably over 510, closer to 520...I just don't know. I avoided the truth the scales were offering back then. I did not want to deal with that reality. 44's look so tiny. But that's what I said when I brought home the 54's a while back. I was so proud of those 54's! Now I'm in 44's, and someday I'll be in 34's, you just watch and see! I'm headed to a level of success I once thought was impossible. It feels good, real good.

Someone suggested a new title for last night's blog. “Getting In The Boss's Pants” or something to that effect. I didn't think of it, but I'll tell you what...Getting in the boss's pants feels real good! These are jeans I use to see him wear when I was size 64 and well over 500 pounds. These were “skinny” jeans to me back then. And now they're mine and I can actually wear them! It's crazy. Today I did it. I made the trip to the home office of Team Radio and I did exactly what I said I would do 95 days ago. I wore his jeans into his office. It was awesome. He was thrilled for me. He never doubted me for one minute. He knew I would get in them. I can't wait until the day I pay it forward by sending these to a friend who will need them on their journey. I already know of someone who will need them. It'll be the “Brotherhood of The Traveling Pants.” We'll keep it going, passing the jeans down time and time again, as man after man loses the weight and re-discovers life. What a wonderful journey these jeans will have. Thanks to Bill and Pat for starting something special with their kind gifts to me. Illene, Pat's wife, brought me more of Pat's clothing today---shirts that no longer fit him as he loses his weight in dramatic fashion. I've got to visit him soon! I hear he looks amazing. Pat and Illene both work with Team Radio like me, but Pat works from our Sports Talk station in Stillwater, so I never see him. Thanks Pat! Thanks Bill! I'll be sure to pass them on someday soon.

I'm starting to really like what I see in the mirror and in pictures. Part of me feels guilty for liking my new look. But that is crazy!! I've spent my entire life hating the way I looked, I mean completely not being able to stand my reflection, pictures, videos, anything. And now I'm starting to see myself, what I was meant to look like, slowly emerge...and it's good! I refuse to “feel bad” for liking what I see. It doesn't make me 'full of myself,' it doesn't make me conceited, it just makes me happy and proud. I'm so wonderfully happy and proud right now.

I'm eating a Hershey Chocolate Bar right now. I had the calories left tonight, and so did the girls, so we thought...why not? We're not breaking the calorie bank! I actually still have 115 calories left after this creamy chocolate bar. It's chocolate without the guilt! I love the freedom that calorie counting provides. What I love more, is how it's taught me how to eat responsibly for the first time in my adult life. If you're new to this blog and you think it's crazy that I'm writing this while a Hershey Milk Chocolate bar melts in my mouth, then you should read some of the archives. I've enjoyed anything and everything, all within my calorie budget. It sounds crazy to have had so much success eating every thing from ice cream to pizza to fast food to cake and pie and even lasagna and Olive Garden! Oh my...But what I've done is really simple. I eat normal food and normal portions. The difference is, before I would eat normal food and gigantic portions, or large portions more often. The idea that NOTHING IS OFF LIMITS completely eliminates any possible feelings of deprivation. And feeling deprived is a big reason “diets” are temporary. I'm living and eating what everyone else eats. The difference? I now know what a portion is suppose to be!

Weigh day is less than 48 hours away and I'm looking forward to it tremendously! Every weigh day brings me closer to a couple of major milestones. It doesn't seem that long ago when I was talking about approaching my first 100 pounds and getting below 400. Soon I'll be crossing the 200 pounds lost mark and dropping below 300 pounds. What a fantastic progression.

Tonight I made a homemade chicken pot pie with mixed veggies and cream of celery soup. I was inspired by another blogger friends' post and recipe. It was super good and really low calorie! We needed a break from the norm. It was a nice change of pace and extremely economical! I was worried that it would be a flop, but it was a hit! The fam loved it!

We're heading out to the walking trail for a late night 5K walk. I'm looking forward to getting lost in my music as I walk/jog away the weight. I never thought that I would look forward to working out. I always dreaded exercise, but little by little, slowly but surely, I've developed. My stamina has improved, my endurance is incredible, it's just a nice place to be. Consistency. It's the biggest reason for my success. Maintain your journey with consistency, defend your journey like it's the life or death situation it really is, and you too will experience this freedom if you haven't already. Thank you for reading. Goodnight and...

Good Choices,
Sean

14 comments:

  1. You shouldn't feel conceited. You have worked long and hard to get to a point where you can admire yourself in a mirror. When you work hard to get it, it is not conceit.

    MMMMM mmmmmm chocolate. Wish I could stop with just one piece or bar...its a trigger food for me.

    Though I did find a recipe for some fat free brownies I am going to try next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I have just been reviewing the photos from my holiday and for the first time in many, many years I am happy to look at the pictures that have been taken of me, so I know what you mean! It isn't conceited, just a relief to not be so unhappy with the way we used to look.

    Mmmmm, chocolate... did somebody mention chocolate?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I wouldn't give for a Hershey's chocolate bar. We can't even buy it here. Today must have been a great day for you and your boss. Way to go Sean!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a great day and you are SUCH A FREAKIN ROLE MODEL IN THE NOTHING IS OFF LIMITS dept.

    youve worked your ass off---its mandatory you stop and admire the reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Enjoy your successes. They'll serve as motivation for the "slow" times. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brotherhood of the Traveling Pants - love it! What a way to pay it forward. I also love the fact that you're losing weight and eating REAL FOOD. You and your family have truly made a lifestyle change and not gone on a diet. I see great things for your future...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Getting in the boss' pants sounds a trifle dirty, if ya ask me.

    Good for you for the guilt-free treat. My problem with treats like that is that it seems to stoke my appetite something fierce. Instead of being a satisfying treat, it feels like kindling that needs to be quickly fed. I know a lot of that is in my head, but some of it feels physical as well. Something to work on, I suppose...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your statement about consistency and life and death at the end of your blog. That's what I'm focusing on now too. And, because of your inspiration, I have now blogged every single day for the past 36 days (today will be 37) and have lost approx. 4 pounds. Not amazing or fast, but lasting results. That's what I keep telling myself anyway. Keep up the awesome work!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous Post.

    You are not conceited in any way! Sean, you, you wife and daughters have every right to look in the mirror and say "WoW" You are all gorgeous... Keep up the great work.

    I look forward to being able to trust myself with a bar of chocolate. My chocolate fix at the moment is a hot chocolate drink going to bed. 45 delicious calories, I savour every one on them.

    Hugs

    Sheilagh

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sean,

    I LOVE your "nothing off limits" approach! I know that there are many people out there who feel once they start, they can't stop, but accepting all foods, in reasonable quantities is, I believe, the key to permanent weight loss.

    Personally, I don't count calories. I am developing my ability to hear that little voice that tells me that I've had enough. When I listen carefully to the signal, I usually end up skipping things like dessert, much as I love sweets, because I realize that I'm full.

    I am convinced that whatever makes us feel "free" (for you, that's calorie counting, for me, not counting) helps us to stay on the right track.

    Congratulations on your amazing journey. I love your "travelling pants" and look forward to hearing who will be wearing them after you just a short time from now.

    I haven't received any travelling pants myself, but to celebrate with you, I just put on the skinny jeans I bought on the weekend. Back in January, I wouldn't have even managed to pull them up over my thighs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sean,
    I am new to the blogging community--but definately not new to attempts at weight loss. I decided to start blogging as a way to hold myself more accountable--I have read through several of your posts (I went back to day 1, and then skipped around some). I just want to tell you how proud I am of you and how much of an inspiration you are to me. My daughter is young (15 months) and I want to be able to enjoy a healthy life with her. Thank you for putting this blog out there--I look forward to continue to follow your lead!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Sean,

    Thanks so much for the comment you left on my blog. You were so convincing, I thought for sure that I would pop on over only to find out that you were going to try to sell me something! But, after I have read a bit, I see you are into motivation...that's great. Thanks again, and I greatly look forward to following your success. Best of luck to you!!! ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  13. "Maintain your journey with consistency, defend your journey like it's the life or death situation it really is, and you too will experience this freedom if you haven't already."

    So powerful, so true. Enjoy that chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm with Jack...I had a lil giggle when I read that boss line ;)

    Pot pie and chocolate sounds divine...I have leftover roast chicken, so that may be in the works :)

    I can't wait till I look forward to exercise...maybe one day :)

    Keep rocking!!!

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.