Tuesday, November 4, 2014

November 4th, 2014 One Day Doesn't Define The Whole

November 4th, 2014 One Day Doesn't Define The Whole

Yesterday was a victory for me and today, it empowered me to do very well. The box of sweets were still on the table at work--and I didn't give them a second glance. Big difference from yesterday.

I took time and care in preparing a wonderful meal tonight before my weight loss support conference call. The dinner was excellent, the call was exceptional and I feel stronger than I was before.

This entire journey is full of ups and downs, highs and lows--and some of the biggest challenges I've discovered involves learning to ride the waves with a level perspective that includes a healthy dose of self compassion, self honesty, love and grace. This journey is one day at a time, certainly, yet I constantly need to remind myself that one day doesn't define the whole.

I've struggled horribly with exercise the last few weeks. I've had some good days too, but I've also had too many rest days. My food feels as solid as ever as I write these words. My exercise feels like I've let myself down lately.

Weigh day is in the morning at the doctor's office. If all goes well, I'll cross over the 100 pounds lost mark. This will be my 28 week weigh in.  I look forward to sharing the results with you via Facebook, Twitter and right here tomorrow night.

My Tweets Today:




















Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

14 comments:

  1. Good job passing on the sweets again. Sugar isn't a trigger food for me, but the longer I have to see a sweet, the harder it is to pass up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad it isn't a trigger for you, Connie. I agree--the longer I'm "exposed" the greater chance I have for damage to my defense system.

      Delete
  2. Loved the extra pics and I hear you on measuring being key when preparing the meals. My eyeballing was aay off and never helped my case before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I weigh and measure everything at home and work. Then, when eating out at restaurants--I use my experience in this department to help me eyeball things--and make fairly accurate guesstimates. Glad you enjoyed the extra pics!! Thank you, Alati!

      Delete
  3. Exercise has always been the hardest part for me to accomplish too. I do better with organized classes rather than just walking on my own. I will quit when I'm working with a DVD at home. I won't quit an exercise class unless I'm about to fall out. Ha ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great point--about not stopping in a class--but home, alone--I have issues, too. I can do a good walk--I can rock an elliptical machine--but my hardest issue is committing to a good weight training plan. And giving it my all is sometimes an issue, too-- And sometimes--it's just getting there and starting---If I just do that, I feel amazing 5 minutes in---and I'm so glad I did---getting past the very reasonable sounding excuses in my head is the first obstacle for me--more often than not.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for picturing your precise system of weighing and getting exact measurements. I have a WW food scale that I've never bothered to read the instructions on - or use for that matter. My eyeballing my food shows it by my not losing any weight to speak of. Just buying the scale didn't do the trick. Hmmmm LOL
    N~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy-- ;) I encourage you to use that scale. It will train you for when you are in situations where eyeballing is necessary! You can do it, Nancy! And I would bet it will make a wonderful difference in your results!!! Made me smile, thank you!

      Delete
  5. funny thing about exercise, the longer I avoid it the harder it is to get back into it. Yesterday my husband said, "Lets go for a bike ride." i felt like a slug,and almost said no. But once we were out there I hated to stop. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very true, Gerri. The hardest part is starting. Once you're in and on-- then those endorphins start releasing--and then we're like, Uh--yeah, this feels good! It is interesting, isn't it?

      Delete
  6. Good job on remaining fastidious about no sugar! And man, those 3 weeks between your weigh-in's seems to FLY by! Can't believe it's time again already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, Gwen!! I refuse to sacrifice my commitment to sugar abstinence!! It isn't an option for me--not even a little bit. If I do--I can count on it sending me into a spiral--and I could possibly recover and right things--but not without a giant fight for my life!! That reads a bit over-dramatic, but having lived it, I know it's spot on, for me. Thank you so much, Gwen!

      Delete
  7. Good luck on your WI tomorrow! Your going to do great!

    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Rosie--thank you!! It was awesome--another 8 pounds!! 105 pounds in the last 28 weeks! ;)

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.