Friday, January 8, 2016

January 8th, 2016 Intentional Pause

January 8th, 2016 Intentional Pause

I did get my car started and back to the mechanic on Thursday. He was nice enough to loan me a battery to try, and it worked well. The alternator was tested and it seemed fine. But then last night the battery light came on again at the gym and at the store. I made it to work this morning, then on the way back to work from a coffee run this afternoon, everything died. For the second time this week I found myself stranded in traffic. Luckily, it was in town and my mechanic was nice enough to come rescue me with a fully charged battery. Now we're certain, it's the alternator. My car is resting peacefully at the shop, awaiting its turn to be fixed.

Today was long and busy. I've missed a lot of work time this week and it showed today, because I was playing catch up until late afternoon. I prepared two good meals and a mid-morning fruit break in the studio kitchen. I really enjoyed my food today.

Oh, by the way--that afternoon coffee was totally necessary. It was either that or no more productivity. And considering my plan to pick up my grandson Noah after work, I had to get some coffee in me quickly. The detour of the in-traffic stranding added some stress to the day. Getting tired this afternoon made it exceptionally challenging.

I did lean on a couple of support buddies via text during this time of need. Reaching for support in high stress situations, instead of reaching for excessive food, is a very tough practice to start. Once its profoundly positive effects are felt, it gets easier and easier with each time. It does take practice. It also takes intentional pause in order for awareness to acknowledge the dynamics unfolding. Otherwise, we simply react in the way we're most accustomed. And for me--that's always meant eating!

I walked into Courtney's place and Noah came running up with arms outstretched for a big hug. That little guy melts my heart. I'm very fortunate to have a friend ready and willing to help assist me in taking care of him. I'm not saying I couldn't do it by myself, but it's much easier with help. Noah had more gifts to open this evening. I'm afraid he's going to get the impression that Christmas is a month long deal.
 photo Noah Workout_zpspc2evrv8.jpg
We'll call it a "Noah Workout." I was really proud of him. Not once did he ask for a device for watching Finger Family videos on YouTube. He was content playing with his toys and hanging upside down a few times. My ribs or chest muscles, or whatever it was I injured recently, have obviously healed rather well. That's a wonderful thing.

I'm getting better and better about using leftovers. I have more plans for the excessive amount of turkey in my freezer. I used leftover chicken from yesterday's lunch twice today!

I'm headed to bed fairly late, but not unusually late for me on a Friday night. I have a location broadcast tomorrow from a grocery store's "massive meat sale!!" Hitting the pillow!

Before I go, I wanted to share a Sean and Gerri Weight Loss Support Groups testimonial! The following was left as a comment to yesterday's blog post.

Kerstin from the incredible weight loss blog "Dear Diet Monster" writes:
"If anyone is on the fence about the group I can personally vouch for its effectiveness! I joined it at a crucial time when I needed to find a way to bridge the dreaded 3-4 months period of my weight loss program where I usually give up and revert to all my old habits. Having the weekly calls and especially the private FB group kept me sane and accountable in that time and you couldn't find nicer coaches than Gerri and Sean, they really understand this journey and I found that immensely helpful. I also found the price very reasonable and definitely worth it, you get so much and more in return. Anyway, just my 2-cents :) Good luck with the next group, Sean xo"

Thank you, Kerstin!

The next 10 week session starts this coming Monday and Tuesday. The Monday night conference call is scheduled for 6pm Central/7pm Eastern/4pm Pacific. The Tuesday night conference is 7pm Central/8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific. If you're interested in registering click one of the links below!

Monday - www.lifecoachgerri.com/events/dont-die-it-live-it-0111
Tuesday - www.lifecoachgerri.com/events/dont-die-it-live-it-0112

My Tweets Today:
































Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.