Thursday, May 10, 2018

May 10th, 2018 Doesn't Matter

May 10th, 2018 Doesn't Matter

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I exceeded my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with good support.

Today worked well. I scored 39 cent avocados! I enjoyed a good workout at the Y, visited with mom this evening, and enjoyed some excellent support exchanges. I prepared a late, but really good dinner, too!

I ran across something I wrote back in 2012 before my 164-pound relapse/regain period. I mention it was written before that period because it illustrates an important point and that is this: The disease of food addiction isn't stopped or managed by the words we write or say. The disease will laugh at our ah-ha moments that come right in the middle of embracing a new and different perspective.

It doesn't matter what we know.

It only matters what we do.

A daily practice of intentional and supportive actions renewed and reaffirmed each day, is the only thing that has a chance of successfully managing the disease of food addiction and compulsive over-eating.

Written in 2012:
The seemingly good reasons why this “isn’t the right time” or “it’s too stressful right now,” come disguised as perfectly acceptable rationalizations for a retreat from our goals, hopes, and dreams. 

It’s an illusion to think we’re giving ourselves “a break.” 

This retreat relieves us of personal responsibility in the moment—sending us back to the line of least resistance where it seems easier. 

The reality is simple: It only makes things harder for us. 
----------------------------
Today's featured Tweets:




Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.