Saturday, October 20, 2018

October 20th, 2018 For Me To Create

October 20th, 2018 For Me To Create

Yesterday: I maintained the integrity of my reduced calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, I took a very casual 30-minute stroll (walk) around the neighborhoods last night, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

It feels kind of strange to not have any commitments this weekend. No location broadcasts, no extra emcee type things--just a weekend, wide open for me to create. I'm certainly well rested for whatever I create and decide to do! I slept in like a champ. It felt good. The instinct to set the alarms before bed is a natural thing-- reminding myself at that moment how it isn't necessary, is wonderful.

My walk last night reminded me of a couple things. First, it reminded me of how exercise isn't found exclusively at "a place." I was simply out walking the neighborhoods around my apartment community. Secondly, it reminded me of how taking that time allows me to reflect and create. When I was actively pursuing stand-up all those years ago, some of my best writing happened while I was driving. I wasn't actually writing things down--but my brain was reflecting and creating...and I would flesh out bits--refine them, work them--say them aloud, repeat, repeat, repeat, until they were ready to try in front of an audience--and often, some of those bits never made it to paper. It's the same thing now--walking and thinking create the same dynamic for me.

I have a weekend to devote to my personal projects and that makes me very happy! It won't be all work though, I do plan on spending some time with my five-year-old grandson. It's been too long since he and I hung out.

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.