Monday, October 22, 2018

October 22nd, 2018 State Of Mind

October 22nd, 2018 State Of Mind

Yesterday: I maintained the integrity of my reduced calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I exceeded my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

I really turn 47 years old tomorrow. It's interesting because I had a chance to be 46 all over again. If you're a regular reader, you might remember how I totally--completely spent my entire 45th year convinced I was already 46. I was certain I'd be turning 47 a year ago until a week or so before my birthday when I actually did the math and realized I was wrong. When I say I was convinced, I mean 100%, without a doubt. So when the truth was discovered--it truly was like getting a do-over at 46.

I'm trying very hard to not look at 46 with a critical eye. Instead, I'm pulling the positives and moving forward. The confusion had a positive effect by reminding me how I wasn't necessarily as old as I think I am. I'm not talking in terms of age, I'm talking in terms of how I feel. I remember arriving on the Los Angeles stand-up scene in 2003 at 31 years old and wondering if I had waited too long. I seriously thought I might have been too old to "start" the serious pursuit portion of my stand-up career. That perspective is hilarious to me now. To think I'm old now is also a ridiculous perspective.

I believe the personal "race against age" can be detrimental to progress. One of the big things I've learned in the last ten years is how quickly things can change with consistent and positive effort. When I read about or hear of someone reaching their healthiest body weight in their 60's or 70's, or how they're running a marathon at 71, it only serves as a reminder of how age is simply a number and barring any major medical issues, it's largely a state of mind.

Taking the focus off the number and bringing it into today--what can I do today?--will support positive progress. I've had the pleasure and privilege to witness many individuals transformations and the one thing I realize from it is how quickly it can happen when they're dialed into today. I must remember that when it comes to my own continued wellness and forward progress.

Visualizations of where we want to go are important but those visualizations are fueled by the actions we're willing to make and take today. When I visualize the future, I try not to visualize specific actions I'll take and make someday. I do my best to visualize what I hope will come from the positive actions I'm doing today--just for today plus more days like this, will add up to the visualizations becoming reality.

It was a good weekend here. I'm ready to jump into my Monday with a positive attitude. Anything is possible.

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.