Sunday, October 28, 2018

October 28th, 2018 Grown Some

October 28th, 2018 Grown Some

Yesterday: I maintained the integrity of my reduced calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

Thank you for enduring yesterday's long analysis of the Friday dynamics. Writing it out helps me "see" it better and if it's something that helps me, it might help someone else going through similar experiences.

One of the things I'm also doing is private journaling. I haven't always done this because I've used this blog to write out how I'm feeling along the way--but also, along the way, I've learned of how I'm truly limited on how deep I can go into personal details. I was an open book when this blog started. I still am as it pertains to my daily practice and many life-type things, but I've learned, when other people are involved in those things (personal relationships), it isn't fair for me to share about my life and theirs, too! Once upon a time, I wouldn't even ask permission to use photos I take with others on this blog--and that was inconsiderate. I might post fewer photos now--but when I do, I always ask first. Even if it's one of my grandchildren in the pic, I get permission from my daughters before putting it out there!

If I'm struggling with something that involves dating/personal relationships, my job, mom or other family members, or a number of other things, it must first go through an "appropriateness" filter...and usually, that type of stuff must be reserved for my private journaling. It would be different if this blog was written 100% anonymously, but I didn't create it that way. I suppose I've matured or at least, grown some.

For me, as I've grown--this blog has become less of a deeply personal outlet. It still helps me tremendously and I hope something I've shared along the way--and things I still share, have helped others too. My point is...

Personal and private journaling is powerful. I highly recommend it! It's helping me in many different ways without violating the privacy of others.

Yesterday was a stellar day. Writing yesterday's edition really helped me have a better day. When a day comes where I'm feeling exceptionally vulnerable, if I can sort it out, I can most usually see where it comes down to something I'm doing or not doing. It isn't a right or wrong thing, good or bad--it's simply a "what's working" and "what isn't" type of thing. The question is always, "What can I learn from this experience?" 

I had a good location broadcast at the same grocery store from Friday's broadcast--and this time I wasn't overwhelmed with food obsessions! I was able to do my job, do it well, and make it back to the studio for a training session with some new voice talents we've hired. I picked up some more 99cent a pound Zestar apples (these might be my new favorite)--and cut one up to enjoy during the training. It was great! I made it home to prepare lunch and do a few other things before embarking on a Halloween themed adventure with my grandson Noah.
 














We made our way out to the Haunted Trails for a bit of spooky hiking through the wilderness. Noah loves Halloween and it takes a lot to scare him. It was fairly intense at times--and a few times he did grab my hand and get behind me, but then again when he did get truly scared, he would tell the actors, "you're not real, you're fake!" We had an absolutely fantastic time together. It had been too long since we had some quality time. He's so smart, that boy, my goodness--I feel so blessed and grateful for the time we spend together.

My food is planned well for today, I'll be in contact with support friends, and I plan to get my apartment in order! It's over-due for a good cleaning!

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

1 comment:

  1. Loved your blog yesterday - a lesson in not giving in/up and the process that could lead to exactly that is good for all of us.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.