Tuesday, October 9, 2018

October 9th, 2018 Soft

October 9th, 2018 Soft

Yesterday: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

I left my morning show early yesterday in order to make a 9am dentist appointment. The dental surgery went well. I left with four prescriptions and a directive: Only soft foods for a while and specifically, no apples! I wasn't thinking the night before when I loaded up with eight pounds of Gala apples. I was simply excited about a deal-- 99cents a pound is a steal! I'm sure they'll still be good in a week or so. Or, as many of my friends have suggested, I could make applesauce.

I'm still sore this morning but at least the feeling in my face has returned. I've read horror stories about the numbness never going away for some people--thank you internet--so that's always a point of anxiety for me, "what if my face feels like this forever?" I'm so glad it isn't like that this time. I'm being a very good patient, following directions and taking the meds as prescribed. The "soft foods" thing, well--that presents some challenges!

It's interesting... as soon as the dentist mentioned soft foods (and I knew it was coming--obvious, right?) my brain immediately assembled a list, mostly things nowhere near my food plan.

A support friend reminded me of how this temporary change requires some planning in order to work for someone like me. And he's so right. The challenge at the moment: From the choices within the boundaries of my food plan, what can I choose or create to make sure things stay soft while I heal?

Ezekiel toast is out. Tostada shells are out. Chicken tacos are out. Apples are out!! But really, it's okay--my late lunch yesterday (after trying to sleep off the effects of the local) was an example of how I can modify my meals and stay on plan.



















I made a baked "tostada bowl" without the tostada shell and a side of unsweetened applesauce. It worked very well.

I'll continue getting creative with my "soft approach" food plan the next several days.

Bedtime came early last night even though I had a hard time falling asleep. The steroids (to limit swelling) have a tendency to make sleep difficult, or so I understand--but I was able to go to sleep and sleep relatively well. I was up very early.

I'm ready for a good day.

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

1 comment:

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.