Wednesday, January 23, 2019

January 23rd, 2019 Send One Up

January 23rd, 2019 Send One Up

Yesterday: I maintained the integrity of my calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I exceeded my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support. I hit 4 stars yesterday.

Yesterday was a fairly solid day capped off by Kristin treating me to dinner out at my favorite Mexican place. I ordered ingredients separately, creating a fantastic grilled chicken salad right at the table. I know--I don't like traditional salads, but this kind of salad I'm all about. What I ordered isn't listed on the menu--but I don't mind asking for what I need and they are always accommodating. It was a good visit and a very nice on-plan dinner for both of us.

Today started very early with a phone call in the middle of the night from the nursing home where my mom lives. I normally silence my phone at night, but I've left it on recently just for this kind of a thing. The nursing staff decided mom needed to go to the hospital and they were calling me to take her. Mom was running a fever, experiencing breathing difficulties with low oxygen levels, having moderate kidney pain, and a couple other issues. I picked her up and took her in for a battery of tests. The doctor found a urinary tract infection, abnormal liver issues, and the obvious breathing/oxygen issues. He made the decision to admit her to the hospital after thoroughly examining the test results. Mom is resting in her room at the hospital and she's getting excellent care. The medical staff was coming in to do an ultrasound of her heart when I left a little earlier.

If you're the prayin' kind, please send one up for mom!

I ran by the nursing home to pick up a few things mom needed from her room before heading over to the studio to do a couple of fast things before taking the rest of the day off. Big thanks to my colleague, Gayle, for stepping in and covering on my morning show and in production today.

For anybody, circumstances like this create heightened emotions, uncertainty, anxiety, and stress. Throw in a tilted schedule--and if you're a first-class emotional/stress eater like me, watch out! Situations like these happen--it's life, so the plan must be ready to pivot, adapting to the circumstances in play. I mustn't pass the baton of my recovery to the unexpected and uncertain situations life presents. Going off plan doesn't make mom or me well. My goodness though--I can't count the number of times in my life when I would use something like this as a perfect rationalization to throw the plan out the window. The thoughts or winks in that direction still happen, but now, my daily plan practice requires me to pause and act instead of reacting. It isn't always easy, but it's always important. I must always take responsibility for my personal plan.

I started my rushed morning with a short foundational routine--about 5 minutes--a prayer--and a meditation. I kept my routine of water before coffee. Then made sure to text a support friend, detailing the situation and declaring my intentions to remain abstinent within my plan boundaries. It's amazing how impactful an accountability support text can be--I'm not alone, ever, unless I choose to isolate. In order for me to be well each day, I must stay connected.

I had a refined sugar-free Quest protein bar and a banana with my coffee early this morning at the hospital and I just finished an on-plan brunch type meal before setting down for this update. I'll get some rest soon. I plan on visiting mom at the hospital later this afternoon.

I was notified yesterday about my inclusion in another article by NBC News. The article features twelve people who've lost a combined 1,563 pounds. It's a good read! I love the subtitle of the article: "It's more than just dieting." Amen to that. Check it out by clicking here.

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Facebook: www.facebook.com/seananderson505
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for Android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 20 episodes waiting for you!

1 comment:

  1. Good job taking care of you during such an emotional time. I'm praying for your precious mom. ♥️

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.