Tuesday, January 29, 2019

January 29th, 2019 Renewal

January 29th, 2019 Renewal

Yesterday: I maintained the integrity of my calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support. I earned 5 Stars yesterday.

Mom had her hair fixed yesterday and wow, what a difference it makes for her! We had a good visit last night. The treatment and medications are clearly working well, too, and the hair appointment seemed to give her an added boost!

I made a point to turn everything off and drop in bed before 10pm last night. I needed the rest and it earned an extra star for the day. I've got a busy Tuesday ahead of me so the extra rest will help, I'm sure.

My morning routine is complete, my food is planned, packed, and ready to go, and I'm about to dive into this work day. Mom is looking forward to an outing later this evening. She's finally feeling up to it--maybe not a shopping trip, but at least dinner and conversation.

From September 2017:
I have a lot to be grateful for in my life. I'm grateful for the teachers along this road, the people, and the experiences. I'm grateful for 2nd, 3rd, and 8th chances. I'm grateful for a place of peace in my relationship with food. It's a temporary peace in need of renewal each day--and the renewal comes with the daily practice of my personal plan.

I had special guests on my radio show this morning. They brought baked goods for everyone. It's hard to put into words what it feels like to not be controlled by food circumstances. I'm so grateful to be at a place where I can look at something with a perspective that isn't about deprivation, it's not about white knuckling, or about will power.

It's about, "that's not my food." It's about feeling content within my food plan with a full appreciation of the power and potential consequences of "just one bite."

It's a perspective where the perceived charms of the food no longer exist for me. Instead, the charms have been replaced by truth.

It's my truth.

The truth is if ever I start flirting again with the charms of my personal trigger foods and food substances, I'll quickly fall back into the deep dark recesses of addiction, relapse, and the resulting side effect of dramatic weight gain.

And this truth is kept fresh, top of mind each day.

And if not, I have many support contacts to remind me in the amount of time it takes for a fast text or call. I'm grateful.

I still enjoy food. But it's my food.

And I get joy from preparing it in appealing ways, to me, for me. 

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Facebook: www.facebook.com/seananderson505
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for Android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 20 episodes waiting for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.