Monday, January 7, 2019

January 7th, 2019 Without A Doubt

January 7th, 2019 Without A Doubt

Yesterday: I maintained the integrity of my calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

Janet writes: "Sean, you claim to be a food addict and a lot of what you write is about a recovery plan instead of a diet plan. I relate to so much of what you share. Some days your posts hit me right between my eyes. Still, I haven't decided if I'm a food addict. Two questions: How can I know for sure if I am? Why am I so scared of the idea that I might be a food addict?"

Janet, thank you for your email! ACORN Food Dependency Recovery Services has a wonderful set of questions titled, "Am I A Food Addict?" Honestly answering those might help you. You can go directly to that page by clicking here.

Without a doubt, based on my experiences and behaviors, I am a food addict. I've often written in very serious and dramatic ways about what this means. It is serious and it is dramatic. For me, a diet will never work. My disease of food addiction/compulsive overeating requires something more than another diet. In order for me to arrest the harmful effects, I must stay connected with a recovery plan, recovery perspective, and a daily practice of intentional actions supporting those two things. Coming to terms with your personal truth is a process. There's good news either way. How?

If you're not, then great! Certainly, some of the practices in accountability and support, plus creating a food plan you can carry on and enjoy indefinitely, will help anyone with creating consistency, regardless.

If you are, then great! Now you know! There can be a sense of relief with this realization because suddenly, this knowledge can help you create a daily practice that works above and beyond any diet you've ever tried. It's all in perspective, Janet. If we look at it with dread and fear, it's going to be a very rough go. If we choose to look at it with an embrace and an open mind, we can start to see how it is possible to find a path toward a better life, where the insanity is calmed and a measure of peace and stability is found.

I hope you'll check out that list of questions. I sincerely hope it helps you.

Mom and I enjoyed a nice visit, dinner, and a store trip last night. We laughed a lot and that's always a wonderful thing. 

It's back to work for me this morning!

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Facebook: www.facebook.com/seananderson505
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for Android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 19 episodes waiting for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.