Tuesday, July 9, 2019

July 9th, 2019 We Handled It

July 9th, 2019 We Handled It

Yesterday was a 5-star day: I maintained the integrity of my calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, I had an intense 30min level 15 elliptical workout, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

Mom turned seventy-four years old today! An update on her progress: She's doing well! No infection, no pneumonia, and no horrible deep coughing. She's still on oxygen and still has some unstable blood sugar issues, but the nursing staff is doing a remarkable job staying on top of things.

Our special birthday excursion included a trip to her favorite restaurant and some clothes shopping! We took the wheelchair and the big oxygen tank, so it took some maneuvering, but by-golly, we handled it well. It was a good evening.

Navigating the choices at mom's restaurant of choice was fairly simple, so that went well too.
   













What an amazing difference a little more than a week makes! Had she allowed pictures from the hospital, you could have seen the difference. Night and day, I assure you. She was not well. Now, with a good treatment plan, she looks healthy and vibrant! I absolutely love this picture of her. She was really having a good time.

I've been giving myself small challenges lately, each designed to make for a stronger daily practice. Yesterday the goals included two things; a reasonably early dinner, and a good elliptical workout. I accomplished both. Today's extra challenge is to simply be in bed earlier than last night. Tomorrow's will be a bigger challenge: Go straight to RecPlex for a work out after work. This will require me to pack my workout clothing in the morning. This is key. Once I get home, the likelihood of me getting back out on a Wednesday is very low. It's simply a matter of better time management. I'm going to meet that challenge!


Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for Android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 20 episodes waiting for you!

Questions or comments? Send an email! transformation.road@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.