Thursday, December 13, 2018

December 13th, 2018 In Sync

December 13th, 2018 In Sync

Yesterday: I maintained the integrity of my reduced calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

Good morning! Thank you for coming to these pages each day and reading this daily diary of happenings, thoughts, and ideas. I'm grateful. I hope that every now and then something I've experienced and shared here resonates deeply for you.

Yesterday was a good day and today is set to hopefully be another. I'm running behind this morning, so I'll keep this short. I've completed my morning routine, my breakfast items are planned and packed, lunch things are at the studio, and I have a list of things to make important today. I slept well, so today's practice is in a position to be relatively "in sync." 

The following excerpt with a couple of 2018 edits was originally written almost four years ago.

From January 2015:
Getting out of sync can quickly create irrational fears within me. It's certainly an area I need to further analyze and understand because life happens--out of sync can happen. I suppose the determining factor for necessary concern is if the interruption is intentional or circumstantial. In the case of last week, it was certainly circumstantial.

It's critically important to differentiate between the two and quickly because the negative emotions born from an improper perspective have the potential to turn choices intentionally negative, fast. It didn't come to this for me last week because I reached out for support, directly with support buddies--and indirectly through writing in this blog.

The most interesting elements along this road to me, are the psychological/mental/emotional parts. These have the ability to swing in both directions depending on how they're used. It makes the difference between consistency and chaos.

The food and exercise plans are fundamentals for success, but in my opinion aren't necessarily the most critical elements. Make no mistake, learning the importance of your personal boundaries (like my abstinence from sugar) quickly become monumental difference makers. In my opinion, the parts between our ears determine our trajectory, every time. This is why many of us can experience incredible success doing different plans, or 'what works for us,' and still find so much in common along the way.

The greatest challenge is a matter of faith. Believing in yourself enough to ignite that certain something within you that says, "I'm doing this. I don't have all the answers, I don't know how necessarily, but I'm doing it and I'll figure it out what works for me along the way." That takes big faith and courage. Faith in a power greater than yourself is critically important. "Believing in yourself enough" shouldn't be confused with going it alone. None of us go it alone, for very long, at least. It's more about deciding once and for all, you're worth the effort this requires.

This is especially difficult for anyone who must have all the answers before they start. Some of the smartest people I know have the hardest time getting started. I personally know of a doctor who is well over 400 pounds. A doctor! I use this, not in a judgmental way, but simply as an example to illustrate how it's not about intelligence.

It doesn't matter what we know. What matters is what we do.

It's about simplifying your elements, your fundamentals--setting up some kind of support and accountability system and most importantly, keeping an open mind along the way. Incredibly intelligent people sometimes have a hard time simplifying. If you're struggling, is it a compliment to your intelligence? It could be! Keep it simple, my friend.

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Facebook: www.facebook.com/seananderson505
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 17 "new" episodes waiting for you! More new-new episodes coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.