Monday, December 3, 2018

December 3rd, 2018 Precious Reminders

December 3rd, 2018 Precious Reminders

Yesterday: I maintained the integrity of my reduced calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

Yesterday was productive in a lot of ways, early, and then it was family time with mom and a few of the grandkids! Mom and I made the short drive to see Noah, Phoebe, Oliver, and my youngest daughter, Courtney yesterday late-afternoon. There's a lot of reminders every day of why the things I make important are important but none as clear and precious as spending a little time around these little ones.

We visited for a little while before mom and I made our way back to town, picked up dinner ingredients, and headed back to her apartment to watch Garth's Live At Notre Dame special on CBS. We watched and recalled how special Garth and Trisha made our meet and greet with them back in July of 2017.

I've been to a lot of meet and greets in my thirty-year broadcasting career but only one like Garth's. It was a sit-down visit in a small group, living room style--and a conversation for what seemed like twenty minutes or so before everyone gathered for pictures. Garth does things differently. Mom recalled how happy she was to tell Garth how special his music was to my little brother Shane. I mentioned how cool it was to tell him how mom predicted his success at the mid to late eighties 4th of July fireworks display for the city of Stillwater where Garth was the opening act. That event was also in a stadium--except for just a couple thousand people--and most everyone was simply waiting on the display to start--Garth was like an appetizer to the main event, but mom was watching closely--and when he finished, she turned and said, "he's going to be big someday." Garth remembered that 4th of July event and got the biggest kick out of hearing the story. Mom got big hugs and a personal thank you from Garth on that special evening.



















Today is poised to be a good Monday. I've set the foundation with my morning routine and the plan is in place to make the rest go well. As always, I'll stay tightly connected with good support--and of course, I'll make staying connected to this daily practice exceptionally important.

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean 

1 comment:

  1. I am not sure if you could tell from the tv recording, but those were dedicated fans. It was cold. It was raining. It sleeted. It snowed. I had friends in the audience wearing water proof snow mobile suits and they were still soaked by the end. Garth thought it would be cancelled and when the staff said the stadium was full, he came charging out, thrilled. Great show.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.