Thursday, December 6, 2018

December 6th, 2018 To Grow

December 6th, 2018 To Grow

Yesterday: I maintained the integrity of my reduced calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.












































I like to go back into the archives every now and then and explore where I was at different points along the way. Sometimes it reveals patterns of struggle; things I've written about changing but haven't. Other times, it reveals a consistency in this daily practice that helps keep me well. When I looked back at one year ago today, I found a practice of elements I'm continuing to make important each day. This thing is far from perfect, believe me. There are so many ways in which I could really use improvement. I just keep on moving down this road and believing that if I continue making these things important, the other changes I desire will find fertile ground to grow.

From December 6th, 2017:
When I make time for exploring my gratitude list, it refocuses my energy to a very positive place. I paused to do that this morning. It was needed in those moments.

I enjoyed a surprise visit from a good friend today. Dave was just passing through and decided to pop in for a short visit. It made my day. I look up to him for so many reasons, not to mention he's one of the few comedy writers that can make me literally laugh out loud. I'm in awe of his talent. We agreed to do another stand-up comedy show together, very soon.

I included "before" and "healthy weight" photos tonight because looking at some of my old pictures reminds me of things I must always remember. My continued maintenance requires a daily practice that goes far beyond the food plan. It is the non-food elements that bring structure and support to my day. 

The list is long: Staying connected in support exchanges, doing my short morning meditations, positive visualizations, prayers, examining my gratitude list, helping someone else when and where I can, and keeping an honest inventory of things going well and things I'm willing to improve, and also--and this is a biggie--remembering to be kind to me. Minding the inner dialogue and shifting it from negative to positive, loving, and kind is paramount to my continued maintenance--and is certainly something requiring a daily practice.

It's interesting to me how freely automatic we extend kindness, compassion, care, and genuine concern for others, yet it takes a daily practice and regular reminders to extend the same to ourselves? Anyway, that's my experience.
------------------
I did not hop the bus to Funky Town yesterday and it turned out to be a better day. That self-involved party bus looks so inviting sometimes. I must remember the positive difference it makes when I let it pass on down the road.

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.