Wednesday, December 19, 2018

December 19th, 2018 Each Day

December 19th, 2018 Each Day

Yesterday: I maintained the integrity of my reduced calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

The party at the studio turned out really well yesterday. I made fresh guacamole and sliced a couple of big juicy ambrosia apples. It was perfect. I received a Starbucks gift card in the exchange, then later in the day, received another from a friend! I'm set on coffee for a while!
My contribution to the buffet line




















I think sometimes it's very easy for someone to look at what I do and how I'm maintaining my plan and get the impression that it's somehow easy for me. It isn't. I think it's also easy for someone to forget the nearly two decades of struggle near, at, or above 500 pounds... it's certainly not easy for me to forget. The failed attempts, time and time again--sabotaging myself over and over--lose, gain, lose, gain--on plan, off plan--and so on...for nearly two decades. When I started writing this blog over ten years ago, I started turning those nearly two decades into my own personal study of what worked and mostly what didn't. Suddenly, what I perceived to be a collection of worthless past failures became very valuable lessons.

The things I do each day are not for show. The logging, the accountability tweets, the strong connections to giving and receiving support, the writing of this blog, the production of my podcast, the planning, preparing, cooking, weighing and measuring everything, the daily prayer, and meditation--these things and more are my rails of support.

Is it all solid? Not by a long shot. The only thing that's solid is my food plan and a willingness to do the work necessary to maintain its integrity. I eat what I like and nothing I don't within the boundaries of a generous maintenance budget. And I feel like, in a way, I've earned that calorie budget--like a reward of sorts from my metabolism for getting this far and giving it what I do. The food plan has evolved, of course, but it's still been "what I like and nothing I don't" from Day 1. That's it--I have a solid food plan.

I'm lacking in every other area. Rest, exercise, spiritual--every other area needs increased attention. That's not a knock on me--it's simply a reminder of the practice needed each day. And I know--if I continue lacking in these other areas, it'll eventually infect the strongest areas of my personal plan.

This here thing isn't easy. It might come off that way with day after day of "hey--today was great!" But trust, I work at it each day. I focus. I learn. I take extraordinary care. I make sure to enjoy the process. I make it important to be kind to me along the way.

Above all, I understand that this is never a given. It's never automatic. And it's never guaranteed. I start fresh each day and try to add just one more day to this practice.

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Facebook: www.facebook.com/seananderson505
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 17 "new" episodes waiting for you! More episodes coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.