Sunday, December 30, 2018

December 30th, 2018 That Was Nice

December 30th, 2018 That Was Nice

Yesterday: I maintained the integrity of my reduced calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

Yesterday's YouPlan teleconference workshop/presentation went very well. Naturally, my brain immediately goes into analytical mode. I should have spent more time on this, I should have remembered that analogy, oh my, I can't believe I forgot to talk about whatever it is... I suppose it's a very natural thing to do. I quickly was able to turn off that noise and just be okay. Some positive words from attendees helped that effort. It doesn't need to be perfect in order to be impactful. And really, that goes for everything along this road. In fact, the pursuit of perfection is more often than not, a barrier to long-term sustainable progress.

I picked mom up yesterday evening for a trip to our hometown. We enjoyed an Orange Bowl watch party and visit with family. I volunteered to cook--very simple, lean beef tacos. It was fast and easy--and for my food plan, super easy to log in MyFitnessPal. On occasions like that, super-easy go-to type things provide me the additional mental space to focus on the visiting with family and not the food. The Sooners did not fare well against the mighty Crimson Tide. I'm an Oklahoma State Cowboy fan, but still, I was pulling for the Sooners in this one. The Alabama/Oklahoma matchup inspired some good communication back and forth with my Alabama born and raised father--and that was nice, too.
Simple works for me












We arrived back in town really late. I think mom's frequent adventures away from the nursing home is the envy of her neighbors. She mentioned how she's not able to share those experiences at the dining room table, because, "they don't get to go out very often at all." I suggested how she could share with the nursing staff and her family and friends instead. As much as she doesn't necessarily like living there, it was nice to hear her speak in terms of gratitude for the tremendous love and blessings she's able to enjoy.

I stayed up for a little bit, enjoyed some fruit, some reflection on the day--and finally, some good rest. I slept very well.

I'm traveling to Oklahoma City with my girlfriend today. Her family is having a late-Christmas gathering and I'm invited. I don't know these people very well, so I'm not going to contact them to inquire about the food they've planned for the event. I'll make sure I have what I need in my man-bag just in case the food choices don't fit the boundaries of my food plan. Kristin has assured me that there will be plenty of good choices. One thing that's in my favor is the fact that I don't mind saying no. If saying yes means sacrificing my food plan boundaries, the answer must always be no. Sharing it here is an accountability measure. I'll bookend the event with a support friend also and that strengthens the accountability factor even more. 

I'm really looking forward to releasing Episode 19 of Transformation Planet tonight. It's my first shorter episode without an interview. I will have a couple of listener messages to share from the Transformation Planet hotline, so that'll be good. If you haven't subscribed--it's free! You can find the Transformation Planet podcast in the App Store for Apple users, Google Play for Android, and just about anywhere you find your favorite podcasts! I received a message the other day from a listener who hadn't ever listened to a podcast. Mine was their first and now they're discovering podcasting! That feels good to help introduce someone to the world of podcasting. Basically, it's on-demand radio shows. We have Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, and many other "on-demand" choices for movies and TV shows, podcasting uses the same concept for audio programs, except-most podcasts, like mine, are completely free. I hope you enjoy listening!

Featured Tweet:



One more thing...

We have just a couple of openings in the private support group I facilitate. Our next 8-week session starts Wednesday the 2nd and Thursday the 3rd. All members are in a secret Facebook group where we create accountability and give support to one another daily--then, once a week, we have our group coaching/mentoring calls. We have three call times: Wednesday 7pm central/8pm eastern/5pm pacific and the late Wednesday call at 8:15pm central/9:15pm eastern/6:15pm pacific. We only have one Thursday call time at 8pm central/9pm eastern/6pm pacific. The fee for the 8-week support group session is $120. If you're looking for a change in 2019, joining this dynamic support group creates an instant support team behind you! I look forward to working directly with you! For more information, text 580-491-2228 or email: transformation.road@gmail.com

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 18 episodes waiting for you!

1 comment:

  1. I always set new year resolutions to get better and become fit once and for all. I usually procrastinate, but I think I just found a method that just might work.

    I saw a lot of results from family and friends that have been using tea to lose weight ( red tea, green tea, black tea etc) combined with basic workout sessions.

    I want to start following the Red Tea Detox program (after New Year) that I found on a blog post.

    If anyone is interested you can check it out here:

    https://dietholiday.wordpress.com

    Did any of you tried the Red Tea Detox Program? I am really curious to what results you got.

    Hopefully I will get the results I want in 2019 :) Good luck to everyone looking to lose weight in 2019.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.