Saturday, December 27, 2008

Day 104 Riding Like The Wind and Sailing Into Casa Bonita

Day 104

Riding Like The Wind and Sailing Into Casa Bonita

I started the day with a small piece of pumpkin pie. Even with the Cool-Whip, it couldn't have been more than 200 calories, but I counted it as 230 anyway. What's not to love about a weight loss plan where you can start the day with pie and not feel guilty about it! It's the holiday season people! Eat pie and enjoy! I don't know if you noticed, but I've made no mention of pecan pie. Because I didn't have any! Not even a bite! Oh, we had one waiting to be sliced, but everyone passed. I guess when you discover the obscene calorie count of pecan pie, it kind of makes it tough to enjoy. I honestly didn't miss it. There are just certain things I avoid altogether. Pecan pie is one of those, along with “pan”pizza, and frozen custard, and real mayonnaise. I tout the “eat anything” attitude, but it has it's limits. It's true, I can lose weight while eating anything I want, but in those food choices I have to be smart enough to manage my calories to last all day.

I feel absolutely horrible missing the Y and the walking trail the past couple of days. On our Christmas Day 5K I developed a blister on my heel and it needs to heal quickly! I bought some triple antibiotic and some heavy duty band-aids today in hopes of medicating and padding it well enough to pound out a couple of miles this evening, but it's still raw and painful even with the big band-aid. It's not that big of a blister, so it shouldn't keep me out much longer. I should be ready to get back in there tomorrow! I think I'll try the exercises Dana suggested. They sound interesting and wouldn't bother my little blister at all. Thanks to Rachel for clearing up the Sternum mystery! Apparently I have a very large xyphoid process, and I'm proud of it sticking out so prominently. I mean, it doesn't look freaky or anything, I had just never noticed it before. When I miss a workout like this, I feel horrible about it. I feel like I'm not losing because of it. But the reality is, I am losing weight at a very nice pace. I'll soon hit the 100 pound mark and beyond. So I need to quit beating myself up so much. If I bit the bullet and ignored the blister, it would get much worse and extremely painful. I need it to heal, then make sure I don't allow that to happen again. I think I'll start bandaging my heal even without a blister. That should keep me blister free.

I'm getting my new I-Pod loaded up tonight and tomorrow. If you have any suggestions for workout songs, please post them in a comment! I can't wait to introduce music to my workouts, I really think it will make a big difference, I know it has for Courtney and Amber. I've talked about the role of music as a motivator anytime, I guess it makes sense to plug it in our ears during the most intense moments of our journey. I talk like this is such a new discovery. People have been jamming out while exercising forever. The music has changed but the concept is still the same. The same way a song at the right moment can bring us to tears, it can also push us to our workout limits. Music taps into our raw emotions and then brings them up or down depending on the song. Can't wait to rock out to Christopher Cross's Ride Like The Wind. Ok, I'm a dork, but I loved that guy. His “Sailing” has brought me to tears before. I wonder what he's up to now. He just kind of dropped off the face of the earth. I'm pretty sure he's still alive. Maybe I'll google or Wikisearch him.

It has been decided that Friday the 2nd we're going to Tulsa. I have to go for business reasons, but we're making it a family trip. And guess where we're having lunch that day. Casa Flippin' Bonita! The great thing about Casa Bonita is, you don't have to order the “all you can cram into your body, and then raise the flag for more” platter. They have a regular menu. I'll be ordering from the regular menu. I'm kind of looking forward to the newly revitalized interior. As I've mentioned in a previous blog, they've brought it back to the Casa Bonita of the good old days. I wanna sit by the water fall! Or maybe in a cave! Just keep me away from those freshly fried sopapias! I'm pretty strong willed, but we don't need to get crazy with testing that will. It'll be nice to walk out of that place without feeling like a stuffed whale.

I sincerely appreciate you reading everyday and posting your thoughts in the comments. This blog is doing exactly what I knew it would do, it's making me stay on track. And the longer I stay on track, the more I learn about myself, and the more I learn, the more I understand how to properly portion my food. The differences so far in my appearance and breathing are just the beginning, what lies ahead on this journey is something I've never experienced: Freedom from obesity altogether! Good night and...

Good Choices,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.