Sunday, September 21, 2014

September 21st, 2014 A Wonderful Weekend

September 21st, 2014 A Wonderful Weekend

I just wrapped up a fantastic weekend! I spent the weekend with Heather and we made the most of our time together.

Friday night it was dinner out and live theater in a "thrust" setting, where we were in the front row, literally three feet from the performers during parts of the play. We started Saturday early with a nice walk at the trail, then I was off to do my location broadcast while she hit the streets for her run. Saturday afternoon we dined with mom for a late lunch. It was Heather and Mom's first meeting. The two of them really hit it off!

We picked up Heather's daughter at her dorm Saturday evening and headed to the Red Dirt Film Festival for a 6pm screening, followed by a late dinner together. We were exhausted by the time we got back to my place.

It felt really good to sleep in today. I actually was up early around 7am, then decided to go back to sleep for awhile. It was needed and appreciated! A late brunch followed, then it was grocery shopping time followed by exercise at the trail. Heather did a four plus mile run and I did a 5K brisk walk. The exercise was amazing. 

We were joined by Heather's son for a late lunch before they headed back home and I was left to allow the weekend to sink in thoroughly. It flew by pretty fast!

What was so good about it was how we went out, we enjoyed the time--but we still made our food and exercise choices important. It wasn't a weekend off by any stretch! It was very natural and enjoyable. My fitbit calorie adjustment in MyFitnessPal shows a record day as far as calories burned with well over 700. Even after ending the day with 1,787 calories, my net calories after exercise is 1,017, or 183 below my target of at least 1200 net. I'm going to be okay with this slight discrepancy today. It was a good day!

I did enjoy four meals out over the weekend, however, I'm very confident in my choices. I'm hoping the added sodium isn't too much of a hindrance come weigh day on Wednesday. I have plenty of time to drink more water, flushing it all out between now and then.

I'm looking forward to the upcoming week. I plan on getting in the pool again, more elliptical, spinning class at least a time or two and the start of a regular weight training routine at least three times per week. Increased water and more sleep are areas always in need of constant improvement.

I'm actually poised to hit the pillow before 10pm tonight. This is a drastic improvement! They keys to this happening: Getting the grocery shopping and workout finished early in the day. There's more I would like to do tonight--like answer some emails and read some blogs, but I'll wait until tomorrow. I need a good night's rest tonight, especially after a busy-fun weekend!

My Tweets today:
















Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

12 comments:

  1. my exercise isn't nearly as impressive as yours, but I"m impressed with myself for doing at least something 6 out of 7 days last week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all relative, Gerri! Yours is VERY impressive! Yay---6 out of 7 days. Not that any of us are in a competition with one another--but 6 out of 7 last week beat my 5 of 7! ;)

      Delete
  2. Drinking water works wonders. I think you'll have plenty of time to flush out the extra sodium for your weigh in. Sounds like you did have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Katrin, I must say--I struggle with the water. I do, I do... It's something I need to reframe and embrace. It was a wonderful weekend!! Ty!!

      Delete
  3. Glad you had a great, great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with the exercise Sean! The food looks great too. I've never had Bison, but would like to try someday. Your weekend sounds like the way I would like to live someday with healthy food, exercise and time with family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LTR!! The Bison was really good. I'd cook it a little less next time--too much and it's a little tough. Great flavor--very delicious! This weekend was good. It's a balance, LTR--and don't let one weekend represent the whole--I'm still very much working on finding the balance everyday--and it's not always easy. It takes intentional choices, for sure.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a busy but great weekend. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too, Alati! It was very busy--but very good!!

      Delete
  6. Glad you had a fab weekend! It's always a huge relief when the family and the person you love all get along.

    Love bison steak. It's so tasty when it's cooked not past medium with basic seasoning.... hmm, haven't had any in a while so I'm actually putting it on my grocery list for tonight :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Nikki--yes, indeed. I had a feeling it would go well and I was right! The bison-- You're spot on!! I overcooked this steak. Next time I will follow your suggestion and take it off as it approaches medium. I typically shy away from it in the store based on price--but found a single steak priced okay, enough--and thought--Yes, I'll give it a go! I'm thinking about having it at least once or twice a month. Really good!

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.