Wednesday, December 30, 2015

December 30th, 2015 Changes My Plan

December 30th, 2015 Changes My Plan

My planning wasn't so good this evening. I tried to enjoy a few episodes of one of my favorite shows on Netflix and ended up falling asleep in my recliner. This isn't a bad thing, necessarily. I don't need to get up early tomorrow. But it changes my plan for tonight's blog post. I had planned on doing a year in review type post. Instead, I'll postpone that one another night.

I made the decision to allow myself a little more time to heal before resuming workouts. I must recognize when I'm getting impatient and honestly, deep breathing hurts the injury. The last thing I need to do is push myself and further damage or irritate the rib situation. It's frustrating.

I highly recommend entering the food of a meal into MyFitnessPal before you prepare your plate. I do this 95% of the time. The other 5% I get a little too sure of myself and overshoot. That happened tonight. I was adding my calories after plating and before eating and discovered I didn't have enough in the budget. I fixed it by tossing the mini ear of corn.  Some might say, big deal--it's a mini ear of corn--it's 70 calories!! And I agree, it's only 70 calories. But--I'm very aware of the potential psychological damage if I sacrifice the integrity of my budget.  This wouldn't have been an issue had I not over done it on my appetizer. The avocado used to make my homemade guac was a little too big--and those calories a little too high. Some slight maneuvering and this wouldn't have been an issue.

I have two New Years Eve location broadcasts scheduled tomorrow. After that, I'm off the rest of the weekend. And I'm looking forward to the time!

I visited a little with my youngest daughter and Noah this evening, then made my way over to my oldest daughter's house and visited there. Noah always brings a smile to my face. He was wearing one of the outfits I bought him for Christmas. He's the most adorable little guy!

I better turn in before it gets much later.

My Tweets Today:

Thank you for reading and your continued support,


  1. Sean,

    "I" have had an amazing year following along on TDDOAWL, and you, well your year has been whatever is more amazing than amazing.

    You discovery of principles, and recovery, are transformational...Thank you again for sharing this journey.

    You discovery of a happier life, time with your grandson, readdressing apnea, and returning to standup, were all great to follow.

    I'm very excited to see what is to come.

    I wish you a very happy 2016.


  2. Here is the seven second explanation of how Sean lost 300 pounds. "Sean gave himself a calorie budget and documented it, gradually improving the quality of his food". I show your tweets and mine too. My doctor thinks you are BRILLIANT and so do I. The information needed is available, but It takes brains to change.
    Happy New Year

  3. Happy New Year Sean! Thanks for being a massive inspiration over the past 12 months!


I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!

Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.