Friday, March 25, 2016

March 25th, 2016 Titled Food Schedule

March 25th, 2016 Titled Food Schedule

The first half of this day was relaxed and full of rest. I stayed up way too late last night watching Better Call Saul. I still managed a full eight hours sleep--but here's the deal: When I sleep in like this--and it's almost 11am when I get out of bed, my food schedule is automatically tilted and challenged. On a day like today, when the second half is jam packed with work and an extra commitment--it makes it extra challenging. This is when planning becomes super-important.

I had two back to back location broadcasts today--a 3-5 and a 5:30 to 8pm, followed by being a judge at a big karaoke contest involving sixteen singers performing three songs each. The contest didn't wrap until nearly 1am. The top three finishers were amazing singers. It was a fun contest, even with it being way too long of a production. But anyway--oh yeah, the tilted food schedule...you see,

I had a very late brunch--and that pushed my lunch until at least the middle of my first broadcast. The client had plenty of free food--but I knew the choices there wouldn't be anything for me. I planned and prepared by picking up the ingredients for my favorite, sour cream chicken tacos, and set it up in the back of the station's broadcast vehicle. Lunch around 4:30--then around 8pm, I had an "on-the-go" dinner of almonds, two kinds of cheese and a banana. It worked very well. Add the coffee with half & half and plenty of water, capped with some good fruit as my #lastfoodofday, and I could count this day as exceptional in the food department.

I maintained the integrity of my plan in every way. I'm very proud of that. Today could have gone differently in many ways. But it didn't. That's a wonderful thing.

I decided early in the day that my activity level would be high enough to excuse not going to the gym. I did do my morning routine before coffee, thing.

I'm exhausted. Wow, good thing I was off this morning!

I'm letting the Tweets take it the rest of the way...

My Tweets Today:


































Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

3 comments:

  1. Why would you need three songs per singer? Phew! That would have frustrated me. Well done for keeping your plan in tact!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you! In talking with one of the other judges, we both agreed it could have been designed better--for a much quicker show. Specifically--performers could have been eliminated after each round... start with 16, 8 advance to the next--then 4--- then the final showdown. That would have cut an hour or more, likely. As in any contest like this--there were clear standouts from the start. All 16 were talented, for sure, having previously won 1st place in a qualifying contest.
      When we (the judges) were presented with the format--we knew it was going to be a very long night. The extended format really hurt some--because by that third song, people were getting tired!

      Delete
    2. Thank you on the plan compliment! Yeah-- I know me--and my continued maintenance success requires this level of commitment...and I make it doable, something I can enjoy-- and embrace the structure...and it has significant rewards--certainty in plan, feels very good.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.