Saturday, November 12, 2016

November 12th, 2016 Wasn't A Big Deal

November 12th, 2016 Wasn't A Big Deal

It was a wonderful evening with Noah and family in Stillwater. We had a great visit for quite some time as more and more people stopped in throughout the evening. New China is a giant buffet restaurant. And I did give the selections a good evaluation before deciding to pass. And it wasn't a big deal. Not even a little bit. 

A friend asked if they (family members) might be offended by me not eating with them.

My reply:

Not at all. The bottom line is: We're gathering to enjoy each other's company. What I put into my mouth or not, will not effect the outcome of that focus. We'll have a great visit! I'm looking forward to it! Under no circumstances do I sacrifice the integrity of my personal food plan. I can be flexible, for sure. But there's never a reason to violate the integrity of its boundaries, especially in the service of other people's interpretation- or rather, my assumption of how they might feel about what I do. Because what I do is nothing personal to them- it's about taking care of me the best I can.

I got back much later than planned. Plus the extra trip to take Noah home (he lives about 20 miles away)--and it was after midnight by the time I walked into my apartment. I'm ready to rest.

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained abstinent from refined sugar, I exceeded my daily water and I stayed connected with great support!

Letting the Tweet stream take it the rest of the way.

Today's Accountability Live-Tweet Stream:




























Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

1 comment:

  1. Yes!!! This. When you stop people pleasing and start taking care of yourself AND you teach others how and why you want to be treated well, you've become a fully functionally adult person who can care for themselves outside any other dysfunction in the junction.

    Keep training people how to treat you. Those who matter will support you. Those who gossip about you will stay in the cycle of dysfunction. Once you get that habit and the behaviors of fully functioning adulting in place, going back will never be an option.

    I only eat 6am to 1 pm because I sleep better. I haven't lost any family members or friends. I can still "eat out" at night by enjoying water and visiting. As a single parent, I have saved more money for my daughter who will drive soon and needs to visit colleges.

    WIN-WIN. Oh, and that weight maintenance thing. It's in the BAG. LOL Onward and bravo for talking about this topic. Keep the focus on yourself and wellness. Those other things and people fall away.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.