Tuesday, November 8, 2016

November 8th, 2016 The Right Move

November 8th, 2016 The Right Move

Today was a touch on the busy side. I stayed late at work finishing a project before heading to the grocery store for a few things. I really enjoyed tonight's teleconference support group call. I prepared a delicious dinner and now I'm late for bed!

Thank you for the wonderful messages of support after last night's blog post. I received a few special messages today--and I sincerely appreciate each one.

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained abstinent from refined sugar. I exceeded my daily water goal and I stayed well connected with great support.

When I noticed the box of donuts on the conference table this morning, I slowed--I took in the aroma--that smell, very familiar...and suddenly I became alarmed. I wasn't about to sacrifice over two and half years of abstinence--I wasn't eating a donut. But why was I suddenly romanticizing the donuts? They had sprinkles, maybe that was why--they each looked like miniature works of art. The truth is, I'm a food addict and the dysfunctional thinking this truth sometimes involves, is hard to define and harder to explain. All I know is, I have a set of important boundaries I live by each day--and maintaining the embrace of these boundaries is and always will be imperative to my continued well-being. Today, I made the right move.

I walked past the table and into the kitchen, where I quickly reached for my phone and texted two people. Boom. No longer an issue. Just the act of sharing the circumstance via text--even pre-reply, dissipated the potential threat. We don't do this alone, my friend.

Later, sitting down for lunch with the box of donuts literally 18 inches away, I politely asked a colleague to remove the box from the conference table. I didn't want them staring at me while I thoroughly enjoyed my incredible lunch tostadas. And they were remarkable tostadas if I do say so myself. It was an on-plan, delicious, filling--and thoroughly satisfying in a multi-textural way, lunch.

I'm blessed. I'm grateful.

Today's Accountability Live-Tweet Stream:
































Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

1 comment:

  1. You've turned me into a Quest bar fan! Now if I could just find Joseph pitas locally...

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.