Tuesday, November 1, 2016

November 1st, 2016 Not One Bit

November 1st, 2016 Not One Bit

I've come to terms with what I can do and what I can't do, right now, as far as my new podcast is concerned. Lately, I've been very hard on myself about "being late" with the next episode. Then I thought--wait a second, who sets the schedule? I do! Okay--so maybe I come to terms with it being a biweekly offering until I can devote the time needed for a weekly commitment. There, I feel better. The next episode will be released Thursday. I must remember, with my regular job and all I do on the side with group and one on one mentoring clients, I shouldn't place additional unnecessary and unrealistic expectations on what I'm doing each day/week.

Plus I'm working on getting more sleep--and that's going well--and all of this is positive stuff.

The bottom line for me: I mustn't create reasons to feel bad about myself. Because I'm doing things I should feel great about.

And I'm developing things I'm passionate about doing--like the mentoring and the podcast, I LOVE these things and I'm doing them at the speed and measure appropriate for me, today. It doesn't mean it'll always be set at this speed, this measure--it's simply where I am, today. And truly, that's not a bad place--nope, not one bit. I'm blessed and grateful.

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained abstinent from refined sugar, I exceeded my daily water goal, I enjoyed an amazing workout at the gym and I stayed well connected with great support. I also prepared some amazing food! It was a solid day!

Tomorrow is maintenance weigh-in day. It's been 6 weeks since my last!

Today's Accountability Live-Tweet Stream:
































Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

2 comments:

  1. You are 100% right Sean. What you have accomplished is nothing short of a miracle but it didn't happen without incredible work on your part every single day of your life. Your recovery from obesity and the subsequent relapse is sacred. Nothing can interfere with that so do whatever it takes to protect it. And if you find yourself feeling badly because you can't accomplish everything you want every day, then something has to give and it simply cannot be your recovery. Cut yourself some slack in other areas of your life but not ever with your recovery. You already knew that. But if feeling badly about one area of your life affects that sacred recovery--you've just got to let it go because you have so much to be proud of, to feel good about, and if that means other areas don't get as much time as you'd like--That just has to be okay. We both know what's important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Podcast less often and keep the content very valuable. If you give yourself and time away, then you cannot help others. Blogging and podcasting are way high on the Maslow's Hierarchy of needs.

    This lesson will repeat itself. It's that perfection thing. In the end, it does not matter to the rest of us, but I know it matters greatly to you. Onward and you must continue to put yourself first.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.