Wednesday, December 10, 2014

December 10th, 2014 A One Track Mind

December 10th, 2014 A One Track Mind

The last time I was this nervous going into a stand-up gig was opening for Sinbad in front of 26,000 people in an open air stadium. I was only eight months into my comedy career when I landed that job. I wasn't ready. I stressed over it relentlessly. Tomorrow night will be fine. It's actually a good sign to be this aware and on edge. I didn't stress this much over big auditions! I must remember, some of my best performances came after feeling this way.

What I'm doing tomorrow night is very different. Nearly all new material--not one shred of weight related self-deprecating stuff, so it's very experimental for me. It's a really good thing I have another experienced comic in the show. What's the worst that could happen? I mean, really? I'm not doing this for a living. I have nothing to lose. I'm simply working out material in front of an audience. If it goes well, bonus. If not, no loss--I'll write some more, edit and do it again next time.

This stand-up thing is a direct result of the epiphany I had May 15th. Finding our individual 'Happiness Code' has everything to do with exploring the things that make us uniquely us and bring us joy--then nourishing those things. It's truly one of the secrets of happiness. Although my brain is screaming "what have you gotten us into?"

The new water accountability element has worked very well today. I've consumed 10 cups of water. That's a rarity! The bottle of water this morning filled me up, so much so, I didn't take a second cup of coffee. So there's something, perhaps it'll cut down my coffee consumption. As a coffee lover, I'm not sure this is a positive!

I voiced a radio commercial for Domino's Pizza today. Then I started craving pizza. It wasn't a serious, I need to reach out for support type craving, just a simple, that sounded delicious, type thing. I decided to make a nice low cal version as a small afternoon meal using a plain gluten free wrap, sugar free marinara, fresh mushrooms and two slices of mozzarella. These super thin gluten free wraps bake up really nice! It was all the flavor I wanted and well within my calorie budget. It was perfect!

I'm so obsessed with my set list and material for tomorrow night, I've made this an off day for exercise. I have a one track mind at the moment. I'm constantly thinking about my set, fleshing out ideas and rearranging things. I'm likely over-thinking it just a touch. It'll be fun, I'm sure of it! I plan on celebrating the conclusion of tomorrow night's show with a good workout, likely a 5K in the park. The exercise, combined with the relief of the show being behind me, will feel incredible, I'm sure.

Okay--time to rehearse some more.

My Tweets Today:


























Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

10 comments:

  1. :) I've been praying for you about tomorrow. :) I suggest that, just for tomorrow,you go easy on the water...or you may have a whole new source of comedy material. snicker. sorry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Deb! It turned out to be a wonderful experience. I appreciate you!

      Delete
  2. I know you will enjoy it and do great regardless. Congrats on all that water!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alati, thank you! The show was awesome! I've been drinking a bunch!

      Delete
  3. Love, prayers and Good Energy being shot your way Sean. You will do great tomorrow night. This is the "stepping off a cliff in order to know you can fly" kind of anxiety you may be feeling. We will be waiting to hear all about it tomorrow!
    N~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly the kind of anxiety it was. Literally--almost physically ill earlier today! It turned out to be an amazing experience!

      Delete
  4. Incredible! How much healthier your meals look including the water.

    Great attitude and prospective on your big night. Looking forward to your post how it went.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jon! I really put some effort into my food! It went very well! I was so relieved!!

      Delete
  5. After reading about all that water you were drinking, dang if I didn't drink more too! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that interesting, Gerri? The increased water has had to be an intentional move, for sure. It'll do us both a lot of good!

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.